calling all pals

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
garda
Zone 2

calling all pals

Post by garda »

Hi ya'll- It's me Tami from across the pond. I am trying to find out how to get tickets to the 2008 Wembley Football game between my home team the New Orleans Saints on October 26, 2008. I can't seem to find tickets.. Can ya'll assist me? I know that if you can guide me for over 20 hours on the tube run (Tube Relief 2005) and help me return home for a hurricane, then surely you can put your heads together to find tickets! Thanks! Tami :D
snudge27
All Zones

Re: calling all pals

Post by snudge27 »

You'll need to go to the NFL UK site (I think it's http://www.nfluk.com) and register your interest there. Then they'll contact you nearer the time when tickets go on sale if you've been selected to buy tickets.

I've registered and I'll hopefully be buying two tickets; but if the opportunity arises for me to buy more I'd be happy to help you out if you're unsuccessful.

If neither of us are successful, there's always the option of trying to get a ticket from a tout/scalper on the day. My girlfriend and I were lucky enough to get tickets through official channels last time round, but on the day people were saying they were getting tickets from touts at face value or less simply because they had too many to get rid of!
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

Yey there are other NFL fans on here! :P

uefacup has beaten me to it though, you do indeed need to go to http://www.nfluk.com/tickets and register your interest. My understanding of what is going to happen is that they will then contact you around May about the a sale of tickets for all the people who have registered. Then once that has happened any remaining tickets will go on general sale, with the exception of a few they will hold back and release in small batches closer to the event, in a move to try and stop people going to touts.

I've managed to get quite a few of my friends interested in the NFL this season, especially after that cracker of a Superbowl! We've all registered and will be all trying to get each other tickets when they go on sale, so I have a feeling I'm bound to end up with one or two spare!

As for my allegiance in this match, well I'm a Green Bay fan myself, so I although I suppose I'm neutral, I'll probably be backing the Chargers on the day. Mainly because the Saints are NFC rivals!
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

dudey wrote:Yey there are other NFL fans on here! :P

uefacup has beaten me to it though, you do indeed need to go to http://www.nfluk.com/tickets and register your interest. My understanding of what is going to happen is that they will then contact you around May about the a sale of tickets for all the people who have registered. Then once that has happened any remaining tickets will go on general sale, with the exception of a few they will hold back and release in small batches closer to the event, in a move to try and stop people going to touts.

I've managed to get quite a few of my friends interested in the NFL this season, especially after that cracker of a Superbowl! We've all registered and will be all trying to get each other tickets when they go on sale, so I have a feeling I'm bound to end up with one or two spare!

As for my allegiance in this match, well I'm a Green Bay fan myself, so I although I suppose I'm neutral, I'll probably be backing the Chargers on the day. Mainly because the Saints are NFC rivals!
Did you manage to get to the game back in October?
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

dudey wrote:Yey there are other NFL fans on here! :P

And another Green Bay fan here as well :D 8) :shock:

Been following the Packers since early 1980's and was gutted that they didn't make the superbowl this year :evil: :(

Don't suppose we will ever see them at Wembley but looks like Favre is staying for one more season..... :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

Unfortunately i missed out on the game last year, mainly because I didn't really have any friends who were interested at the time!

Aha Kev is a fellow Packers fan! Yep I have to say I was well and truly gutted at the end of our playoff game against the Giants, I thought that game was ours beforehand. Anyway, I felt a bit better when the Giants made that so-called 'perfect' team 18-1 :P
Hopefully does look like Favre will be having one more go, and lets hope he succeeds! There are going to be games here in the UK now for the next two years after this one, they've said, and although it's impossible they'd give up a home game to come over, it's just as likely as anyone that they could be the Away team! *crosses fingers*

Looks like i might have to turn up to a challenge meet in my Packers jersey!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

I'm a Patriots fan and have been since the mid 80's when Channel 4 first started showing American Football.
Most fans in the UK choose really boring teams like the Bears, Dolphins & 49ers as they were the best teams back then.
I decided to follow the worst team in the NFL, obviously since then the Patriots have improved somewhat!
I wonder if you did a straw poll of people in the UK to name an American Football player who would top the list?
In no particular order I reckon it would be; Dan Marino, William Perry, O J Simpson.
One day I shall return!
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

Soup Dragon wrote:I'm a Patriots fan and have been since the mid 80's when Channel 4 first started showing American Football.
Most fans in the UK choose really boring teams like the Bears, Dolphins & 49ers as they were the best teams back then.
I decided to follow the worst team in the NFL, obviously since then the Patriots have improved somewhat!
I wonder if you did a straw poll of people in the UK to name an American Football player who would top the list?
In no particular order I reckon it would be; Dan Marino, William Perry, O J Simpson.
Excellent! A fellow Pats fan!

So that makes it 2-2 on the forum at the moment!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Soup Dragon wrote:I wonder if you did a straw poll of people in the UK to name an American Football player who would top the list?
I bet it would be William Perry "The Fridge" from the superbowl Bears winning team....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold