New Year...New Quiz (Mystery Station Quiz, Part 2)

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Oracle
Zone 1

Some answers

Post by Oracle »

1) Which station on the Piccadilly Line opened last year after being closed for more than a year? HEATHROW T5
2) What is the name of the tube station in the BBC soap 'Eastenders'? WALFORD EAST
3) Name the station connected to Monument? BANK
4) What is the only station to be served only by Metropolitan Trains? ALREADY ANSWERED
5) What station is served by Piccadilly Line trains early mornings and late evenings? TURNHAM GREEN...WEST KENSINGTON WAS MORNINGS ONLY
6) What station has a loop that allows drivers to turn round and start another service? KENNINGTON
7) What is the current name of the station that was originaly called 'Tottenham Court Road'? ?
8) What station is exit only on Sundays? ?
9) From what station underground, can you see both ends of the tunnel while standing on the platform? SOUTHGATE?
10) What was the last station to open on the Jubilee Line Extension?
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Well since the quiz was posted here with some correct answers, I might as well publish the answers now. Next time, please read what I say. What is the point of the quiz then?

1) Which station on the Piccadilly Line opened last year after being closed for more than a year? HEATHROW T4
2) What is the name of the tube station in the BBC soap 'Eastenders'? WALFORD EAST
3) Name the station connected to Monument? BANK
4) What is the only station to be served only by Metropolitan Trains? WEST HARROW
5) What station is served by Piccadilly Line trains early mornings and late evenings? TURNHAM GREEN
6) What station has a loop that allows drivers to turn round and start another service? KENNINGTON
7) What is the current name of the station that was originaly called 'Tottenham Court Road'? GOODGE STREET
8) What station is exit only on Sundays? CAMDEN TOWN
9) From what station underground, can you see both ends of the tunnel while standing on the platform? SOUTHGATE
10) What was the last station to open on the Jubilee Line Extension? WESTMINSTER

Well done to The Doctor for answering all questions correctly. The next quiz will be published in a month or so. Watch this space...
jonny
Zone 6

Re: Some answers

Post by jonny »

Oracle wrote:WEST KENSINGTON WAS MORNINGS ONLY
There are no piccadilly line platforms at West Kensington, as far as I know!
graion24wales wrote:Ok you've twisted my arm. The answer is West Harrow. I've already had an entry and that person answered correctly so some people know what I was talking about Smile
I was that person, and I can tell you that I don't know what you were talking about, I was simply guessing from any of the stations it could have been.

EDIT: No I wasn't - Sorry!
The Doctor
Zone 1

Post by The Doctor »

I was that person. I knew full well what Garion was saying.

And just saying Mr TubeGuru, Garion does know what he's talking about! Stop picking on the little people!
It's called a TARDIS this thing. T..A..R..D..I..S. Thats Time And Relative Dimension In Space.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Care to explain to the rest of us what he was on about then?
standclearofthedoors
Zone 4

Post by standclearofthedoors »

Please do. I don't think you have any basis for that argument. This is not because I answered all the questions apart from the met one correctly. :)
<b>All Good Things Must Come To an End, & so must this post...</b>
What's Your Favourite Crustacean? Mine's Charing.
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

Maybe this is the solution. I have included NR services where their tracks run alongside the Underground.

Chesham is served by Chesham to Chalfont shuttles, Chesham to Aldgate, Chesham to Baker Street and Chesham to Watford services.

Amersham is served by Chiltern, Amersham to Aldgate and Amersham to Baker Street services.

Chalfont & Latimer, Chorleywood and Rickmansworth are served by all of the above.

Croxley and Watford are served by Chesham to Watford, Watford to Baker Street and Watford to Aldgate services.

Moor Park is served by all of the above except Chiltern and Chesham to Watford services.

Northwood, Northwood Hills, Pinner and North Harrow are served by Watford to all of the above except Chesham to Watford and Chiltern services.

Harrow-on-the-Hill is served by all of the above except Chesham to Watford services, as well as Uxbridge to Aldgate services.

Northwick Park and Preston Road are served by all of the above except Chesham to Watford and Chiltern services.

Wembley Park and Finchley Road are served by the same services as Preston Road as well as Jubilee line services.

Baker Street is served by the same services as Finchley Road as well as Circle, Hammersmith & City and Bakerloo line services.

Great Portland Street and Euston Square are served by Uxbridge to Aldgate, Amersham to Aldgate, Chesham to Aldgate, Watford to Aldgate, Circle and Hammersmith & City line services.

King's Cross St Pancras is served by the same services as Euston Square as well as Victoria, Piccadilly and Northern line services.

Farringdon and Barbican are served by the same services as Euston Square as well as Thameslink services.

Moorgate is served by the same services as Barbican as well as Northern line services.

Liverpool Street is served by the same services as Euston Square as well as Central line services.

Aldgate is served by Uxbridge to Aldgate, Amersham to Aldgate, Chesham to Aldgate, Watford to Aldgate as well as Circle line services.

Uxbridge, Hillingdon, Ickenham, Ruislip, Ruislip Manor, Eastcote and Rayners Lane are served by Uxbridge to Aldgate and Piccadilly line services.

West Harrow is served by Uxbridge to Aldgate services only.

But this doesnt take into account irregular services, like those that terminate at Moorgate in the evening, those that start/finish at Wembley Park, etc.
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

Isn't the doctor one of your friends? No wonder he got them all right!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

The Doctor wrote:I was that person. I knew full well what Garion was saying.

And just saying Mr TubeGuru, Garion does know what he's talking about! Stop picking on the little people!
TubeGuru doesn't only pick on the little people, he also picks on "Going Underground" who is far from little! :D

I got 9 out of 10 correct including the West Harrow one, which was a guess but seemed the most logical answer from the way Garion worded the question. 8)
One day I shall return!
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

editorsfoot wrote:Isn't the doctor one of your friends? No wonder he got them all right!
Yes he is one of my friends, but I didnt tell him the answers. There's no need to think that me and him were a part of this.

And no offence, I dont need any people sticking up for me. (But thanks anyway :wink: )
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

The question still doesn't work whichever way you interpret it as West Harrow is also served by Uxbridge - Baker St trains.

West Kensington was served by a couple of very early/late Piccadilly trains that reversed there until 1991. However as the question is in the present tense it is not a correct answer.
The Doctor
Zone 1

Post by The Doctor »

Sam wrote:Care to explain to the rest of us what he was on about then?
Right. The question asked what station was served only by Met trains. Now I am into trains and I knew the answer straight away.
From Finchley Rd, NR tracks run parallel to the Met Lines at various points so those stations that were on both lines didnt count. Like Garion, I too have seen the Met Main Line video by Video 125 and it clearly states on there that West Harrow is the only station on the Metropolitan Line to be served only by Met trains (no Piccadilly, Jubilee or NR trains). Therefor West Harrow was the only viable candidate for the question. Hope that helps

And I was only trying to help Garion.
It's called a TARDIS this thing. T..A..R..D..I..S. Thats Time And Relative Dimension In Space.
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

The Doctor wrote:
Right. The question asked what station was served only by Met trains. Now I am into trains and I knew the answer straight away.
From Finchley Rd, NR tracks run parallel to the Met Lines at various points so those stations that were on both lines didnt count. Like Garion, I too have seen the Met Main Line video by Video 125 and it clearly states on there that West Harrow is the only station on the Metropolitan Line to be served only by Met trains (no Piccadilly, Jubilee or NR trains). Therefor West Harrow was the only viable candidate for the question. Hope that helps
We're going round in circles a bit here, but by following the above arguement what about Croxley, Watford and Chesham?

garion24wales wrote:
And no offence, I dont need any people sticking up for me. (But thanks anyway :wink: )
It certainly wasn't intended, I can happily assure you of that!
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

Who cares what the bloody tape says? What is clear is that the video is wrong. Don't believe everything you hear on the telly or whatever the phrase is. The statement may have been correct when the video was produced (i don't think so, but i may be wrong) but, as in the question about Turnham Green, this is the present. garion24wales knows full well that West Harrow is not the only station to be served only by Met trains, at least at this time, so just accept it -- the question was flawed -- or don't accept it. Who cares, anyway? We're underground enthusiasts the same as the people that make the videos, we can question what they say if we think they are wrong.
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

OK just forget about the whole thing. I'm getting tired about the arguements that appear everytime I do a quiz. I might just not do any more in the future if it means I can have a quiet life. I try and think of something for you to do and all you lot do is complain. Well thats it. No more quizzes. I cant be asked coping with the hassle.