Dust masks:page updated on TheHouseOfSteel

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Dust masks:page updated on TheHouseOfSteel

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I've posted an update about dust masks on my site, including a moment of enlightenment on the Victoria line earlier today.

http://homepages.tesco.net/houseofsteel
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Adham
Zone 4

Post by Adham »

Where do you get your masks from?
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Through my dad's work. You can get them from hardware shops or the Internet. As far as I know, the ones I use are very good. It's not worth getting cheap "nuisance dust" masks because they only trap the big particles, like sawdust or rust dust.

Look around though, you may find them for extortionate prices (£10 a mask) but they're not worth that. You may find some on Ebay for about £1 a mask, in a box of 10 or whatever.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

hello there! luton boy here. i was in central london on monday showing a lady round ;) and i saw a guy (in a small group), wearing a dust mask, one of the group was ginger, but i didnt dare ask if he travelled round the tube for fun. was it you oh fellow lutonian? Cant remember where it was but it was either Green Park, Knightsbridge or King's Cross.
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Oh my god! It was probably me! You fool! You should have said hello!

I doubt it was Knightsbridge. Let me see. ON Monday I had to go into university to finish my lab report. Following that, I went home, on my own, and then in the evening went to Mike's in a small group but no - I wasn't wearing my mask then.

Maybe it wasn't me...
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

it wasnt you that would have been wearing the mask - t'was another of the group. i wasnt sure if the guy who could have been you was you - ive only ever seen photos of u wearing ur mask, and on this occasion u werent wearing it. and what would i have said?? > "mr crunchy saviour - do u run round the tube like an idiot like me?" that would have been embarassing for me, baring in mind that i was in the presence of a lady.