101 things to do on the tube before you die

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Golf
Zone 4

Re: 101 things to do on the tube before you die

Post by Golf »

RobbieM wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 22:10 One from me:

Have your FNC attempt thwarted by having to stop en-route to give emergency first aid to a member of the public.

This is what almost happened to me on my on-and-only FNC many years back. It was a double-back at Barbican (in the rush hour - why?!) Whilst we were about to run over the bridge, a member of the public had collapsed nearby. We hesitated for a few moments, wondering if it would fall to us to do something, but fortunately, someone else was quickly on scene, equipped to deal with the incident, so we could continue.

We lost about 30 seconds due to this, which meant we missed the intended train to Baker St. We caught the next one 2 minutes later, but when I calculate the knock-on effect of this delay, (including trouble at Olympia later), I think it probably added about half an hour to our final time. (But at least we completed, which is all we were hoping for on that occasion!)
thats technically been done by john stark
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
Lunaticonthegrass
Zone 4

Post by Lunaticonthegrass »

The Orange One wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 22:24 Get a direct train from Baker Street to Ealing Common.
How is that possible? Circle line train turns into a District at Tower Hill or something like that? Are there any regular scheduled trains like that or do they only occur during certain engineering works?
Full Network (270 stations) - 18:22:43
Parks - 7:57:23
Alphabet - 5:30:40
Roads, Streets and Lanes - 3:51:51
Zone 1 - 3:03:50 (Former record)
Bottle - 1:57:43
1 pint in 18 seconds
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Lunaticonthegrass wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 10:38
The Orange One wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 22:24 Get a direct train from Baker Street to Ealing Common.
How is that possible? Circle line train turns into a District at Tower Hill or something like that? Are there any regular scheduled trains like that or do they only occur during certain engineering works?
It's possible on Sundays, though you would do very well to get it into a FNC!! Train 207 is a Circle Line leaving Baker Street at 23:40 and goes to Ealing Broadway and train 264 is a H&C departing Baker Street at 23:50:30 going to Ealing Broadway.

As for how they get there - at Edgware Road they become a District Line, head down to Earl's Court and hence onwards to Ealing Broadway.
trains 500
Zone 4

Post by trains 500 »

Charge your phone on a s stock
Lner station assist (dispatcher)

YT: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... x7lo4OqFpy
Quizzes for Tube Nerds