******** is no more!

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

I think I ve found his problem his watch has come from the same place he bought his calender. As can be seen is slightly faulty as the cuttings from his web site show

275 attempt 5

attempted: [will be] monday 17th may (if trains are ok)

time: n/a

succeed: [yes we will!]

a fresh new attempt will start next monday.

alpha attempt 1

attempted: [will be] 22nd may 2006 (friday)

time: n/a

succeed: n/a

a new challenge for us. we have to visit every station that begins with every letter of the alphabet (excluding letters without stations) in the shortest time possible. the challenge is called alpha. it will take place at the beginning of summer.

aldgate east - bow road - canning town - dagenham heathway - elm park - farringdon - great portland street - high street kensington - ickenham - kings cross st pancras - liverpool street - monument - north greenwich - old street - paddington - queensway - regents park - st johns wood - temple - upton park - victoria - waterloo
For him to get back in to this forum we need to see proof of his time logs for his record time or the claim removed from his web site.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

And a brand new challenge called Alpha, now if only someone else had thought of this previously and called it......ummmm.....let me think....
oh i know how about the Alphabet Challenge :!:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Yes, I noticed his days don't match the dates either :-)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

tc wrote:I'm voting to keep him off. Why?

LATEST: we are going to make a video about the tube. Including bits about tube challenging. Its going to take a month or two. And we have to ask tfl for permission. We are hoping for it to get on ITV1 and get it credited to us. It will be an hour long including breaks.

He just can't stop lying.
A half hour "programme" mashing together some still images from somewhere on the internet and the 2 programmes featuring Geoff, potentially with a different voiceover?
ITV will of course agree to show it, but inevitably there will be a last minute change of schedule due to Coronation Street or something.
- Andrew
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

tc wrote:I'm voting to keep him off. Why?

LATEST: we are going to make a video about the tube. Including bits about tube challenging. Its going to take a month or two. And we have to ask tfl for permission. We are hoping for it to get on ITV1 and get it credited to us. It will be an hour long including breaks.

He just can't stop lying.
Out of interest, whereabouts on his website does it say this?

Member of sweet FA
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

His website makes some comment about making a documentary and sending it off to ITV meridian to see if they show it. Not sure how interested Meridian would be as they serve Kent, Sussex and the South Coast.

If ******** can behave himself then he should come back on a trial. As a matter of interest, how old is ********? I have read somewhere he is 18 and at uni, with his spelling it would suggest getting a degree is more and more like waiting for bus, hang around long enough and something turns up. I have had no dealings with him so I'm never too sure what to believe about him.

BTW I see he has also put on website was TPG stands for, at least he read my posting yesterday.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

My main worry is that he won't be able to handle any slight criticism and appears completely devoid of any sense of irony.

Being able to laugh at yourself is very important to me.

Member of sweet FA
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

I vote to allow him back on board. It would seem to me that if someone has previously been rejected from online discussion forums, etc, then they can only be feeling worse for it. I think the guy needs a chance, I'm willing to run with it if he is.
What would I know? - I'm from Yorkshire for starters...
standclearofthedoors
Zone 4

Post by standclearofthedoors »

editorsfoot wrote:His website makes some comment about making a documentary and sending it off to ITV meridian to see if they show it. Not sure how interested Meridian would be as they serve Kent, Sussex and the South Coast.
My personal guess, due to his bad grasp of English, is that he is foreign- I would say due to Greenwich any foreigner would think Meridian Tonight covered London. native however, all know that it is the even more obvious London Tonight.
tubeguru wrote:My main worry is that he won't be able to handle any slight criticism and appears completely devoid of any sense of irony.
Another reason why he probably isn't English.
Last edited by standclearofthedoors on 10 May 2006, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
<b>All Good Things Must Come To an End, & so must this post...</b>
What's Your Favourite Crustacean? Mine's Charing.
standclearofthedoors
Zone 4

Post by standclearofthedoors »

Yorkie wrote:I vote to allow him back on board. It would seem to me that if someone has previously been rejected from online discussion forums, etc, then they can only be feeling worse for it. I think the guy needs a chance, I'm willing to run with it if he is.
It's like talking to a brick wall- he'll never admit that he's making it up so there is no point. And he was so annoying
<b>All Good Things Must Come To an End, & so must this post...</b>
What's Your Favourite Crustacean? Mine's Charing.
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

You can't actually be serious about being willing to let him back on...!
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

Oh no, our favourite copywrite infringer is now copying content from theme park sites as well.

I wonder if this is the same person who decided to set up his own rollercoaster club, but couldn't spell rollercoaster?
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Oh dear...

He could just be an underachieving 15-year-old schoolboy from Staines. That's my guess.

However, his antics are all so overblown and absurd that I've considered that he could be a GROUP of pisstakers - like Neil said, he (alone) hasn't the time to pull such an elaborate joke, but maybe a number of people working in unison could...

....but the Wikipedia stuff goes on and on and on...
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

So do I take it that no one in the forum has actually met him (them)?
Has ******** not graced us with his presence on a zone 1 challenge day or tube relief?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I don't believe any of us have had the pleasure, no.

Member of sweet FA