******** is no more!

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
editorsfoot
Zone 5

******** is no more!

Post by editorsfoot »

Apologies for starting another ******** thread or if this is aired elsewhere but ******** is no more, sadly he has become TPG tube challenge, and his web site has a link to this one!!!

Any ideas was TPG stands for?
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Yes. It stands for "twat".
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

"this site has no longer got any copyright connection. feel free to copy all our other websites still have copyright so dont copy them - you have been warned"

Ummm ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Any idea what his new URL is?

Member of sweet FA
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

tc
Zone 2

Post by tc »

Do I see someone linking to this forum?! :shock:
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I am currently in discussions with ******** about his possible return to this forum.

However, before I allow him back I have to be certain of two things:

1. He will behave himself (and I've discussed this with him at length and told him what I expect and don't expect)

2. You will behave YOURSELVES

If I let him back in, the first thing I do not want to see is everyone telling him he's a twat. Yes, we have all been talking about him whilst he hasn't been here, but I think most of his problems come from his insistence on turning everything into a competition, where he is right and everyone else is wrong.

This is a consequence of his age (and possibly his upbringing), so it would help if everyone didn't simply shout at him - it'll only make him worse.

Essentially, we won't change the way he is; hopefully, only age will cure his ability to irritate just about everybody. In a way, I feel sorry for him and want to give him another chance.

You may have noticed I've been removing various ********-related topics on here, mainly because I'm getting bored of discussing him.

So, your CONSTRUCTIVE comments are welcome. I'd prefer it if we could stay away from "no, he's a twat" stuff.

Member of sweet FA
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

My main problem with ******** was not what he wrote as such, but rather that he tried to post in almost every thread without any understandable purpose. However, I also strongly disliked his blatant lying - which I doubt will stop...

On the other hand, he may (perhaps) deserve a second chance...
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

lets bare in mind that for a few of us there was someone else that fitted into the ******** mould before ******** was around. but now he appears to have grown up and matured. and no im not talking about geoff.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

To be honest I dont know a lot about him myself being fairly new to this forum and tube challenge as a whole...but the new TPGtubechallenge site is still claiming a world record of 17 hours 10 mins and 49 seconds, which we all know what not possible on the day stated....

Surely this would have to be removed before any possible return to the forum was considered?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

He doesn't believe that Geoff and I hold the record. I even sent him a photo of my certificate with my hand across it and he claimed it was faked.

He simply does not take anything on trust. That's my big problem with him - he doesn't believe anything anyone tells him (and vice versa).

I think he has far to go before we're fully comfortable with him.

Member of sweet FA
gasman
Zone 4

Post by gasman »

I don't think there's much reason to give him a second chance when you can scoot around his Wikipedia contributions for a few minutes and see the same personality traits (such as his inability to accept that he might in fact be in the wrong when large numbers of knowledgeable people disagree with him) screwing up his chances there too. If your emails with him give you reason to believe he's changed his attitude then fair enough, but on the available evidence he was still behaving just as cluelessly as of 2-3 days ago.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

I see no reason why you should let him back in.

This is the email he sent me & Neil this morning:

please read this page on my site to explain fully what i mean. http://www.freewebs.com/waveformonthetube its got a minor disclaimer about my attempts. i am fully comfortable that your the holders of the record still and i want you to understand that. im not competative. i agree to any rules you will place on me. what else do you want!?

ps: if geoff recieves this please pass it on to neil.

So I looked at this site, and it's exactly the same content - just a different style layout. The lies are still there, and I can find no 'minor disclaimer' that he mentions.

If you let him on I suspect it will just degnerate into a mess as it did last time.

I vote to keep him off.
tc
Zone 2

Post by tc »

I'm voting to keep him off. Why?

LATEST: we are going to make a video about the tube. Including bits about tube challenging. Its going to take a month or two. And we have to ask tfl for permission. We are hoping for it to get on ITV1 and get it credited to us. It will be an hour long including breaks.

He just can't stop lying.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Well it's believeable up to the point where he says they're going to get it on ITV ...

Member of sweet FA