Did anyone else?

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Did anyone else?

Post by Going Underground »

Spot or hear a certain "media whore" at Greenford Station last night on the "The Tube, Going Underground" :?:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
nozzacook
All Zones

Re: Did anyone else?

Post by nozzacook »

Going Underground wrote:Spot or hear a certain "media whore" at Greenford Station last night on the "The Tube, Going Underground" :?:
He gets enough attention already :lol:
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Thought I saw him :roll:
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I didn't even know about the program. Will watch online now. That's two hours killed :)
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Post by michael_churchill »

Going Underground wrote:Spot or hear a certain "media whore" at Greenford Station last night on the "The Tube, Going Underground" :?:
Unfair!

I had the programme on my DVR, so I watched carefully last night. A "blink and you miss it" appearance of a man doing his job, covering the opening for londonist.com - if it hadn't been mentioned here I would not have noticed him.

As for the programme itself... typical crap narration for this type of "documentary". A "sideways lift" <rolls eyes> that "could be introduced across the network". Where? Is there a single other station where an incline lift would be useful?

And in the first part... they implied that the escalator experiment at Holborn was the idea of that station manager. It had come down from on high, he just had to implement it. And it was nasty TfL forcing commuters to stop walking - they never explained that the idea is that on long escalators where fewer people are willing to walk, you can shift more people if the full width is occupied consistently.
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

michael_churchill wrote:As for the programme itself... typical crap narration for this type of "documentary". A "sideways lift" <rolls eyes> that "could be introduced across the network". Where? Is there a single other station where an incline lift would be useful?
Sloane Square is an obvious such place to me!! But yes, other such places aren't immediately obvious. Southbound District at West Brompton, perhaps, maybe some stations up the west end of the Jubilee. My hopes are for Marble Arch, Bethnal Green, Notting Hill Gate because the Central Line is crap at step free access. Maybe even Liverpool Street on the subsurface...
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.