Photo Tube Map

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Photo Tube Map

Post by A Challenge »

ITV London News ran a feature on a tube map using photos this evening.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Re: Photo Tube Map

Post by michael_churchill »

269?

Paddington only once?
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Hmm it says it's by Ant Smith - if that's the same one who held the full network record with Geoff, I'd have thought he'd know there's 270 stations
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Anthony Snith from 'team Geoff' (as someone once called it) is most certainly aware that there are 270 stations.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Go Team Geoff!

Go Team Andi!

:lol:
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Iain wrote:Hmm it says it's by Ant Smith - if that's the same one who held the full network record with Geoff, I'd have thought he'd know there's 270 stations
You would, but as the two Paddingtons are sort of interconnected (unlike Hammersmith and Edgware Road which are across a road) and are not the same as all you need to do is walk through the mainline station, even if for the FNC they are classed as two!

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Ah who knows, possibly not his choice.

They're great photos, I really enjoyed that
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

A Challenge wrote:
Iain wrote:Hmm it says it's by Ant Smith - if that's the same one who held the full network record with Geoff, I'd have thought he'd know there's 270 stations
You would, but as the two Paddingtons are sort of interconnected (unlike Hammersmith and Edgware Road which are across a road) and are not the same as all you need to do is walk through the mainline station, even if for the FNC they are classed as two!
You don't even need to go through the mainline station - you can get into the Bakerloo Line station from the taxi rank on the north side of the main station.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

RJSRdg wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
You don't even need to go through the mainline station - you can get into the Bakerloo Line station from the taxi rank on the north side of the main station.
2 sets of barriers so 2 stations. And it's a longer run than the 2 Hammersmiths or the 2 Edgwares.

Distance between barriers Paddington's 335m
Edgware's 199
Hammersmith's 135m
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

nozzacook wrote:
RJSRdg wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
2 sets of barriers so 2 stations. And it's a longer run than the 2 Hammersmiths or the 2 Edgwares.

Edgware's 199
Hammersmith's 135m
I know, but there are no roads between the two Paddingtons.

RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

nozzacook wrote:
RJSRdg wrote:
A Challenge wrote:

Edgware's 199
Hammersmith's 135m
I wasn't denying that they're two separate stations - just wondering why anyone would run through Paddington main line station (involving two extra sets of ticket barriers!) when they don't need to!
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!