Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
User avatar
Iain
All Zones
Posts: 1848
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 11:26
Location: Sutton

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Iain » 23 Nov 2019, 14:25

Return visit to Fulham Palace for me today with Andi. Great atmosphere and a nice course, plus post run brekkie :D
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)

User avatar
Sam
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 4261
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 13:14
Location: Gloucester
Contact:

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Sam » 23 Nov 2019, 17:42

Castle Combe 10k tomorrow so volunteered for the first time today. Yesterday Mallards Pike put a begging status on Facebook for someone to give out finish tokens else they'd have no results so I thought I would step in and save the day :lol:
It was rather soggy, but it's nice to see the amount of effort that people have put in as they cross the finish line.
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver

User avatar
tractakid
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3267
Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 20:04
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by tractakid » 23 Nov 2019, 19:02

Hopped on my bike today to cycle 10.5 miles to Salcey Forest and back. With a parkrun in between. Plus a toastie, flapjack, and ice cream. Great morning!
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*

User avatar
jamesthegill
All Zones
Posts: 1725
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:23
Location: Domus clamantium

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by jamesthegill » 23 Nov 2019, 20:38

I was determined to do Lancing Beach Green this morning, come hell or high water - a phrase that was very nearly literal - this morning as I missed the opportunity last week due to work. My headphones died five minutes in, my running jacket absorbed water like a kitchen sponge, I didn't check my watch until the end but made it in a swift time of 26:32 - and more importantly crossing the finish line took me to 500km run for the year!
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.

dstock17
Zone 5
Posts: 490
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 20:08

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by dstock17 » 23 Nov 2019, 20:55

Sam wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 17:42
Castle Combe 10k tomorrow so volunteered for the first time today. Yesterday Mallards Pike put a begging status on Facebook for someone to give out finish tokens else they'd have no results so I thought I would step in and save the day :lol:
It was rather soggy, but it's nice to see the amount of effort that people have put in as they cross the finish line.
Well done with my possible free accom in Monmouthshire this will be on my target soon. By chance r u doing new years day as I be doing Stonehouse Gloucester City double
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun

dstock17
Zone 5
Posts: 490
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 20:08

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by dstock17 » 23 Nov 2019, 23:22

With my confidence and previous injury prone issues I have put a lot of weight on which has been creeping into my worse times today got into 20m for first time in ages so confidence is coming back. Fulham Palace what a nice flat Parkrun too many people though but u do get swept along with the numbers. Gone up another place in most events though.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun

User avatar
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 8394
Joined: 11 Apr 2006, 12:24
Location: Down in a tube station at midnight.
Contact:

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Going Underground » 24 Nov 2019, 13:33

Finally got to Ifield at the 3rd attempt, I quite liked it myself although SD wasn't keen - Not that I give a stuff about the alphabet challenge TBH but that is my first "I" leaving "Q" and "Z" to go - I have no intention of going abroad to unless "Zeals" or something crops up this won't be happening!
dstock17 wrote: By chance r u doing new years day as I be doing Stonehouse Gloucester City double
Might join you at Stonehouse then do Stratford Park as Exeter are at Forest Green :P
Last edited by Going Underground on 24 Nov 2019, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold

dstock17
Zone 5
Posts: 490
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 20:08

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by dstock17 » 24 Nov 2019, 19:08

OK sounds like a plan I went to Fulham Palace with Iain and at least got back in the 20m range didn't go all out still haven't the confidence in my legs yet to push but sprints are fantastic at moment.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun

User avatar
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3001
Joined: 22 May 2006, 22:15
Location: Worthing

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Soup Dragon » 24 Nov 2019, 22:20

Weekly Update 23/11/19

11 Parkrunners
1 new course - Salcey Forest

Soup Dragon celebrated his 100th parkrun at Fareham, finishing in 9th place in 20:20
Crypto ran a SB of 21:06 at Dartford

In the medals
Lots of changes this week....
Brooklands: geofftech claims SILVER, so Nozzacook is now BRONZE and Going Underground is out of the medals
Dartford: Crypto takes GOLD, pushing Andi down to SILVER and Iain to BRONZE, Goind Underground loses another medal.
Fareham: Soup Dragon takes GOLD, Andi now has SILVER and Drain Brain BRONZE, The Raven loses his medal
Fulham Palace: Andi takes the only GOLD from Tube_B who now has SILVER, Greatkingrat is in BRONZE and geofftech loses his medal
Ifield Mill Pond: First Medal awarded, Soup Dragon claim GOLD, Going Underground SILVER and Iain BRONZE

Full details are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!

User avatar
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 8394
Joined: 11 Apr 2006, 12:24
Location: Down in a tube station at midnight.
Contact:

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Going Underground » 25 Nov 2019, 12:08

Soup Dragon wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 22:20

Soup Dragon celebrated his 100th parkrun at Fareham, finishing in 9th place in 20:20
yay well done on reaching the 100 - a nice new t-shirt on the way soon then :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold

User avatar
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3001
Joined: 22 May 2006, 22:15
Location: Worthing

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Soup Dragon » 25 Nov 2019, 15:56

Going Underground wrote:
25 Nov 2019, 12:08
Soup Dragon wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 22:20

Soup Dragon celebrated his 100th parkrun at Fareham, finishing in 9th place in 20:20
yay well done on reaching the 100 - a nice new t-shirt on the way soon then :D
It took me from 07/06/2014 until 27/10/2018 to do my first 50.
The second 50 was achieved much faster, in just over a year!
It's a long wait though for the next tee-shirt, if I stay fit then November 2022 perhaps?
One day I shall return!

User avatar
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3001
Joined: 22 May 2006, 22:15
Location: Worthing

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Soup Dragon » 25 Nov 2019, 16:00

Soup Dragon wrote:
25 Nov 2019, 15:56
Going Underground wrote:
25 Nov 2019, 12:08
Soup Dragon wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 22:20

Soup Dragon celebrated his 100th parkrun at Fareham, finishing in 9th place in 20:20
yay well done on reaching the 100 - a nice new t-shirt on the way soon then :D
It took me from 07/06/2014 until 27/10/2018 to do my first 50.
The second 50 was achieved much faster, in just over a year!
It's a long wait though for the next tee-shirt, if I stay fit then November 2022 perhaps?

I've just noticed how lovely and rounded my stats look after this weeks run....
78.00 = PB Age Grade
100 = number of runs
10 = current run streak
30 = longest streak
20 = runs since last pb
20:20 = time this week at Fareham
40 = number of venues
One day I shall return!

User avatar
Sam
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 4261
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 13:14
Location: Gloucester
Contact:

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Sam » 25 Nov 2019, 19:59

dstock17 wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 20:55
Sam wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 17:42
Castle Combe 10k tomorrow so volunteered for the first time today. Yesterday Mallards Pike put a begging status on Facebook for someone to give out finish tokens else they'd have no results so I thought I would step in and save the day :lol:
It was rather soggy, but it's nice to see the amount of effort that people have put in as they cross the finish line.
Well done with my possible free accom in Monmouthshire this will be on my target soon. By chance r u doing new years day as I be doing Stonehouse Gloucester City double
No, sadly I am not in the country for New Year so won't be able to make a Parkrun. I still need to tick off Stonehouse.
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver

dstock17
Zone 5
Posts: 490
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 20:08

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by dstock17 » 30 Nov 2019, 18:38

Many apologies tube b for taking away ur gold 🥇 this week was plym Valley and exact time as tubuguru very hampered at start especially running with dog and a harder course than what he did.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun

User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8861
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by tubeguru » 30 Nov 2019, 20:47

dstock17 wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 18:38
this week was plym Valley and exact time as tubuguru
Which one? :lol:
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2019
Member of sweet FA

Post Reply