Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Soup Dragon
All Zones

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Soup Dragon » 30 Oct 2019, 13:06

Weekly Update 26/10/19

12 runners this week
2 New Courses - Zielona Gora and Watergrove

Crypto completed his 50th event at Highbury Fields in a SB 21:20
Sam ran a CB at Kingsway in 41:18
Soup Dragon ran a CB at Brighton & Hove in 19:54
geofftech completes the alphabet with his run at Zielona Gora.

Medals Update:
At Brighton & Hove, Soup Dragon reclaims GOLD, so Andi is now down to SILVER
At Highbury Fields, Crypto moves into SILVER, relegating greatkingrat to BRONZE, and pushing zcooler123 out of the medals.
Harrogate has it's first medals, Andi takes GOLD, geofftech SILVER and scrxisi takes BRONZE

The full details are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!

DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain » 31 Oct 2019, 15:08

I had a sort of milestone last Saturday. I've done 80 runs at Southsea and 20 at Portsmouth Lakeside giving me 100 total runs in my hometown of Portsmouth.
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds

tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid » 06 Nov 2019, 19:32

Gdansk was fantastic. Such a fabulous welcome from the event volunteers, a flat and fast course. I must say my primary motivation for booking ablast minute trip to Poland was so that I could parkrun and watch the rugby live at 10:00 GMT+1 😁
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*

nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook » 07 Nov 2019, 09:04

Well it’s finally here this weekend sees the start of Lands End parkrun. It will be the Mainlands most westerly and most southerly parkrun. Also likely to be one of the windiest courses as well wind gusting to over 100mph recorded last weekend. So should be fun.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.

Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground » 07 Nov 2019, 10:53

nozzacook wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 09:04
Well it’s finally here this weekend sees the start of Lands End parkrun. It will be the Mainlands most westerly and most southerly parkrun. Also likely to be one of the windiest courses as well wind gusting to over 100mph recorded last weekend. So should be fun.
Hope it goes well and will try and visit next summer - BTW It can't be much worse than Riddlesdown on Saturday which was my "bail out" option
High up, exposed, wet, windy with rain coming in horizontally and stinging your face at times :shock:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold

Soup Dragon
All Zones

Post by Soup Dragon » 09 Nov 2019, 15:48

Weekly Update 02/11/19

Sorry guys, I didn't get a chance to do the full update last week (too busy doing my year end accounts)....!

So you'll just have to make do with the data and draw your own conclusions!
All I will say is that Ifield Mill Pond is a very boring and narrow course and I won't be back in a hurry.
Also the weather last week was the worst ever... nearly all the South Coast parkruns were cancelled.

Full details from last week are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!

dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 » 11 Nov 2019, 22:40

100 gold yeh another milestone achieved now in the 200 club I have also noticed that the 75 ahead of me in most events actually have worser repeat stats them all.

I went to Barnsley very overcrowded as many parkruns in that area were called off and I was too far back at start to get good pace going plus I did a detour of 200 extra metres plus a slash break. In order to get my barcode. It's a lovely downhill finish to lap though and I have been improving on my finish sprints really good here. Injury free third week in row is good.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun

Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground » 12 Nov 2019, 08:56

Very surreal running in the park where Exeter were playing Cambridge some 6 hours later with the ground just a few hundred yards away on the other side!

Had a great morning at Coldhams Common - my 150th event and everybody wanted to talk to me - felt like a minor celeb and they could not have been more welcoming :D

https://www.parkrun.org.uk/coldhamscommon/news/
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold