Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by tractakid »

Bit stupid to drive 120 miles to parkrun and thn the same back again, but Tawd Valley parkrun was fantastic. Proper course of two halves, the first half was an urban cyclepath under 4 underpasses, the second half was a narrow, muddy trail through a pretty river valley. Just the one lap too.

I realised that if I wanted to run the course, I'd have to make the effort to get there, as I would never find myself on holiday in Skelmersdale :lol:
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Why stupid I drove to Newquay 360 mile round trip.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Soup Dragon wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 17:54
Congratulations to Going Underground, 36:59 at Highbury Fields completes his "Stopwatch Bingo" challenge.
I don't believe you have this badge Andi :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Post by michael_churchill »

tractakid wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 21:22 Bit stupid to drive 120 miles to parkrun and thn the same back again, but Tawd Valley parkrun was fantastic. Proper course of two halves, the first half was an urban cyclepath under 4 underpasses, the second half was a narrow, muddy trail through a pretty river valley. Just the one lap too.

I realised that if I wanted to run the course, I'd have to make the effort to get there, as I would never find myself on holiday in Skelmersdale :lol:
Incidentally, YouTube has started suggesting parkrun videos to me (I've never searched YouTube for parkrun, but Google knows everything :x )
I watched one from "The Running Channel" called "We Try EXTREME parkrun Tourism". The lady filming it left her home in London at 3:30am to fly to Jersey from Southend, arriving in time to jog from the airport to the parkrun.
That's pretty extreme for "day of" travel.
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

michael_churchill wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 09:53
tractakid wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 21:22 Bit stupid to drive 120 miles to parkrun and thn the same back again, but Tawd Valley parkrun was fantastic. Proper course of two halves, the first half was an urban cyclepath under 4 underpasses, the second half was a narrow, muddy trail through a pretty river valley. Just the one lap too.

Incidentally, YouTube has started suggesting parkrun videos to me (I've never searched YouTube for parkrun, but Google knows everything :x )
I watched one from "The Running Channel" called "We Try EXTREME parkrun Tourism". The lady filming it left her home in London at 3:30am to fly to Jersey from Southend, arriving in time to jog from the airport to the parkrun.
Not really I have travelled overnight for parkrun in London. Also planning to do my nearest event not done yet which is Tamar trails near Gunnislake. Which means a 3:15 start for a coach,train,bus,walk to it.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Let me know when u do that one
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Going Underground wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 08:50
Soup Dragon wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 17:54
Congratulations to Going Underground, 36:59 at Highbury Fields completes his "Stopwatch Bingo" challenge.
I don't believe you have this badge Andi :wink:
No still stuck with 3 left 16, 21 and 51 but it's pot luck that badge
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

dstock17 wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 07:30 Why stupid I drove to Newquay 360 mile round trip.
My good lady thinks I'm crazy with some of the visits I've made in the past few months.
I set the limit at approx 75 minutes travelling distance, so far Bedgebury Pinetum has been the furthest away, approx a 100 mile round trip.
We're on holiday in Croatia soon and was considering a 500km drive to Treviso on our middle Saturday, Mrs Brown gave this idea a very lukewarm response! :lol:
One day I shall return!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Staying overnight is a whole separate category. It's what I am doing to go to Somerdale Pavilion this Saturday, travelling by train.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

michael_churchill wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 09:53

I'm still eagerly awaiting your inaugural run Michael, your name is on the database but yet to be activated :D
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Soup Dragon wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 14:46 I'm still eagerly awaiting your inaugural run Michael, your name is on the database but yet to be activated :D
I believe Michael did have a go at Victoria Dock before the last R15 but decided against completing....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Post by michael_churchill »

Going Underground wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 16:26
Soup Dragon wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 14:46 I'm still eagerly awaiting your inaugural run Michael, your name is on the database but yet to be activated :D
I believe Michael did have a go at Victoria Dock before the last R15 but decided against completing....
Yeah, Don't hold your breath!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Somerdale Pavilion. Runners absolutely everywhere!!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

tractakid wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 21:22 Somerdale Pavilion. Runners absolutely everywhere!!
Looks like there is the danger of being sucked into a spinning vortex :lol:
One day I shall return!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

You would have met my mate Holly there.