Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Going Underground »

Golf wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 21:04 definately not fallen out of love for parkrun and still continuing to be the most tourist i can possibly be next saturday kingdon with iain then letchworth then possibly a wales one havent decided on it yet!
make sure you contact A2 if doing Letchworth
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

I don't like Bournemouth parkrun anymore! Now they've re-routed you have to go up an evil hill twice rather than once!

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Yay finally got to run Land’s End properly and smashed my previous time by 25mins 12secs (previous time was tail Walker). I ran the out and back section with Izzy so a good 3mins still to find the next time I run it. Back to being RD next week.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

Soup Dragon wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 12:34 This week I've treated myself to a pair of Nike Zoom Fly 3 which have the carbon plate. I've been struggling to get close to sub 20 for 5km since lockdown started last March. I don't know if it's physchological but the new shoes did the trick. I took a massive chunk of 1m1s off my course best for Preston Park, setting a new benchmark of 19m44s. Happy with that as those of you that have run Preston Park will know it isn't easy, with three hairpin bends and three times up the "Travelator" as I like to call it! :lol:

For the stats geeks I have run 5 times at Preston Park, and it must be my go to course for Stop Watch Bingo, as on every trip I've filled my Bingo Card!
(12, 28, 43, 44 & 45 are the lucky numbers if anyone thinks there might by a lucky omen here!)

Only seven runners this week, not many of us have been out since parkrun returned.... What's keeping people away, I'd be interested to hear if people have fallen out of love with parkrun :?:

Anyhow.... here are this weeks stats for those of you who like that sort of thing :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
I definitely intend on getting back to parkruns but unfortunately life is getting in the way at the moment! I'm currently training to be a Signaller and preparing for a move from Yorkshire to Derby where I will be based plus other social events planned long ago means time is in short supply. Hopefully this should all sort itself out by the end of September and I can get back into the routine of parkruns (well, until I get slotted into the roster and then it will be when work permits!)
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

The Raven wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 11:25 I don't like Bournemouth parkrun anymore! Now they've re-routed you have to go up an evil hill twice rather than once!

what evil hill are u refering too?
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

last saturday was kingdom parkrun a very enjoyable 3 lapper course downhill and uphill and i think im getting fitter again only 6 secs longer than last week on flat could have gone a lot faster at start but chose to hold back. iain ran well as well just about lapped him before the finish next week a2 will get a high five as i do lethchworth.
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
roblo97
Zone 3

Post by roblo97 »

Wasn't expecting to do a parkrun this weekend but a late change of plans saw me heading to Pymmes for a 5.3km, 3 lapper. Now, as this was quite last minute, I didn't have my Nike running trainers on me so I just did it in jeans, Vans hi-tops and a t-shirt. Much to everyone's surprise, amusement, and "you ran it in what?!" I finished it in 32:36 and I even made the run report!
https://www.parkrun.org.uk/pymmes/news/ ... nexpected/
The original plan had been to run at Bedfont Lakes in the hope there were fewer water features but alas, I woke up at almost the precise moment I should have been heading to Ashford and an ETA of 9:25 meant that my time would have nearer an hour! Was a class morning though and I thoroughly enjoyed it!! :D
R15 PB: 2:23.23
DLR PB: 2:00:50
Bottle PB: 02:30:30
Tramlink PB: 1:55.37 (Cheers David!)
Triple Crown: 7:00.13
FNC: 18:42:50 (Cheers Andi and Josh!)
Park: 8:29:35
Z1: 02:45:54
2018 Z1 winner!
Parkrun PB: 26 minutes something
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Soup Dragon wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 12:34
Only seven runners this week, not many of us have been out since parkrun returned.... What's keeping people away, I'd be interested to hear if people have fallen out of love with parkrun :?:
For me it's been a combination of:
(a) suffering a constant string of ankle, foot and leg injuries;
(b) having other things taking up Saturday mornings; and
(c) never being a prolific parkrunner in the first place!

Good work to those that are out there though!
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Soup Dragon wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 12:34

I been at parkrun every week since it has returned, first 3 was as RD last week barcode scanning this week was my first chance to run. It would be interesting to see if people have been volunteering instead of running or if parkrun is no longer part of their Saturday.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

roblo97 wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 00:58 Wasn't expecting to do a parkrun this weekend but a late change of plans saw me heading to Pymmes for a 5.3km, 3 lapper. Now, as this was quite last minute, I didn't have my Nike running trainers on me so I just did it in jeans, Vans hi-tops and a t-shirt. Much to everyone's surprise, amusement, and "you ran it in what?!" I finished it in 32:36 and I even made the run report!
The original plan had been to run at Bedfont Lakes in the hope there were fewer water features but alas, I woke up at almost the precise moment I should have been heading to Ashford and an ETA of 9:25 meant that my time would have nearer an hour! Was a class morning though and I thoroughly enjoyed it!! :D
Nice to see you made Pymmes celeb status Rob - may have been the same if you could have got to my patch - we will never know :P
Looks like Pymmes is now a permamnent 5.3 course?? If so what utter, utter nonsense :roll:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Not made a parkrun since it's return yet! A combo of work, lack of childcare and my local one not being back on yet! I intend to be back soon though!
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Sam wrote:Not made a parkrun since it's return yet! A combo of work, lack of childcare and my local one not being back on yet! I intend to be back soon though!
You could get a running buggy...

That helps one of the issues!

Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Going Underground wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 12:22
roblo97 wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 00:58 Wasn't expecting to do a parkrun this weekend but a late change of plans saw me heading to Pymmes for a 5.3km, 3 lapper. Now, as this was quite last minute, I didn't have my Nike running trainers on me so I just did it in jeans, Vans hi-tops and a t-shirt. Much to everyone's surprise, amusement, and "you ran it in what?!" I finished it in 32:36 and I even made the run report!
Nice to see you made Pymmes celeb status Rob - may have been the same if you could have got to my patch - we will never know :P
Looks like Pymmes is now a permamnent 5.3 course?? If so what utter, utter nonsense :roll:
It looks like Pymmes are showing taht this is their C19 Course, so I'm guessing it could eventually revert back to the original course?
The longest corse I've done is Brooklands (B Courser) which came out at 5.31km, with the shortest being Pegwell Bay at just 4.81km.
There have been others that registered as shorter, but these were purely down to GPS issues.
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Here are this weeks results... a much better showing with 14 of us running at 13 different courses!

Well done to all this week, 9 of you managed to run a 'Resumption Best'.

One day I shall return!
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Soup Dragon wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 19:54 Here are this weeks results... a much better showing with 14 of us running at 13 different courses!

Well done to all this week, 9 of you managed to run a 'Resumption Best'.

Nice one Mr Brown when you next update can you adjust my age cat to VM50-54 please.