Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
al
Zone 6

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by al »

I can tell you now, there won't be a PB from me until the temperature drops at least 10 degrees! :lol:
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

al wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 22:07 I can tell you now, there won't be a PB from me until the temperature drops at least 10 degrees! :lol:
Ha! It was stuffy enough yesterday morning down here as it was. July and August aren't the best months for running.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

I actually ran at Guildford. My barcode was still in Portsmouth. :(
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

DrainBrain wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 10:16 I actually ran at Guildford. My barcode was still in Portsmouth. :(

Oh dear :( Let me know if you plan a repeat visit I have a time I need to rectify at Guildford...
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

I'm actually going to be at a Parkrun tomorrow! First one since January but I have been doing some running in preparation so we shall wait and see... I have elected to do Southwark :)
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

The run streak is over.... :( Was heading to new parkrun at Hoblingwell near Orpington and somehow ended up on M26 rather than staying on M25.. Was all a mess and tried to get to Reigate but still had 5 miles to go at 0855 so headed straight home... :cry:
Inevitable that this would happen sometime and it didn't help that where I join the M25 at 0730 this morning it was closed so had to drive 2 junctions down on the back roads which lost a lot of time....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

Going Underground wrote: 15 Jul 2017, 11:48 The run streak is over.... :( Was heading to new parkrun at Hoblingwell near Orpington and somehow ended up on M26 rather than staying on M25.. Was all a mess and tried to get to Reigate but still had 5 miles to go at 0855 so headed straight home... :cry:
Inevitable that this would happen sometime and it didn't help that where I join the M25 at 0730 this morning it was closed so had to drive 2 junctions down on the back roads which lost a lot of time....
Ah gutted to hear that Kev...

On the plus side I actually woke up in time for a Parkrun :lol: I like Southwark a lot and the run went as expected. 2 laps at 7:20 followed by a 9:38... fits into the training I have been doing (still working up to a full fast 5km hence the last lap drop off). Still, its a PB with something for me to aim for :D
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

That is a well known junction for confusing people, to stay on the M25 you have to go off to the left, while what appears to be the straight on route is actually the M26.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Here's the update for today: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Jamesthegill and Das both get the red T-shirt, but GU loses his run streak due to a dodgy satnav. Andi takes over the lead with +6. Xcooler123 moves to within one second of scrxisi's PB.

Member of sweet FA
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

I'm surprised that chilcraft didn't take the oppurtunity of poor Kevin hiccup with sat navs so that battle rages on also Geoff didn't take advantage of chilcraft so that battle rages on. on another note I was absolutely hanging not much sleep 10 pints night before glad didn't have to get up until 07.50 for a change. NENDY now back up to 62.5 miles.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

It was "kevnav" that went wrong today :lol: Yes not surprised that other drivers have been caught out by that Jct on the M25...
Andrew was at his home course for their first birthday :)
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

tubeguru wrote: ...GU loses his run streak due to a dodgy satnav. Andi takes over the lead with +6. ...
My forgotten barcode last week has cost me the lead here. :( :( #DFYB

Went for a walk Friday afternoon. It was meant to be 12 miles, but (1) I mis-estimated the distance and (2) I got lost and had to retrace my steps. I ended up doing about 19.5 miles and got home at 11:30 pm. Thought I'd probably not be OK for a parkrun.

However, I woke up at 8:30 feeling fine. Bounced out of bed and headed to Southsea. This was a good choice because it was Southsea Regatta day so an alternate course was being used including such exciting things as grass, corners and even some tiny hills.

Ran round in 26:42 according to my watch, only to find out later that the alternate course had been set short at 4.79km and so everyone's times got adjusted and mine was set at 27:51.
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Latest update doNe: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Not much to report really, but Andi is two minutes faster than me up the hills of Mount Edgcumbe. He can keep it!

Member of sweet FA
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

tubeguru wrote: 23 Jul 2017, 09:37 Latest update doNe: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Not much to report really, but Andi is two minutes faster than me up the hills of Mount Edgcumbe. He can keep it!
it's also comforting to know that my hill training is working and that soup Dragon wasn't much faster than yourself. it's a lovely little parkrun unfortunately I didn't get that lowest attended one this time but I get it one day.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

that's an achievement I rather not have but its nice my hill training is working out soup Dragon my nemesis at parkruns judging him against me he don't like hills. browsing through those course wars u have me running at Greenwich i don't and my results back me up ever remember running there.