Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
dstock17
Zone 5

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by dstock17 »

I now have the tourist, Cowell, alphabet, pirate, compass, staying alive badges only bingo a bushy pilgramidge and the 2 ponty to be the only one in enitire world to achieve.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

dstock17 wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 17:36 I now have the tourist, Cowell, alphabet, pirate, compass, staying alive badges only bingo a bushy pilgramidge and the 2 ponty to be the only one in enitire world to achieve.
What on earth do they all mean?
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

al wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 14:47
dstock17 wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 17:36 I now have the tourist, Cowell, alphabet, pirate, compass, staying alive badges only bingo a bushy pilgramidge and the 2 ponty to be the only one in enitire world to achieve.
Actually I be the 2nd but the number 1 did start in 2005 one of the originals. Tourist = 20 differant parkruns Cowell =100 differant parkruns alphabet = all letters except x pirate = 7 parkruns beginning with c and 1 r staying alive = 3 parkruns of letter b and g compass = East, West, South and North. Bushy= go to bushy full ponty = go do parkruns at pontefract, pontypool and pontypridd.
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

dstock17 wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 18:28
al wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 14:47
Actually I be the 2nd but the number 1 did start in 2005 one of the originals. Tourist = 20 differant parkruns Cowell =100 differant parkruns alphabet = all letters except x pirate = 7 parkruns beginning with c and 1 r staying alive = 3 parkruns of letter b and g compass = East, West, South and North. Bushy= go to bushy full ponty = go do parkruns at pontefract, pontypool and pontypridd.
Blimey! Er, congratulations and good luck!
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Nice visit to the latest addition to the London parkrun family - Foot's Cray with Kev and Andi. Sunny but with a stiff breeze. A really nice course, although a bit of a pain to get to for me
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I was incredibly fortunate to receive an invite to Springhill parkrun today, which takes place in HMP Spring Hill. A parkrun you can't just rock up to or even request to take part in!

What I witnessed was incredible- a level of enthusiasm and gratitude unparalleled at normal 5k events and I had some wonderful conversations with inmates explaining the global scale of the parkrun movement that they are now able to take part in.

Inmates take up all the volunteering roles as well as taking part- some aren't able to run but are really enjoying being able to make it happen.

My hope for all those taking part today is that they are able to keep parkrun as a constant once they leave jail- and are instantly made to feel at home at their new home parkrun!

The run itself was pleasant- all on grass and undulating but with lovely countryside views.

An unforgettable morning!
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Orpington this week - and even harder to get to leading to an earlier start than usual. Train, tram, train then bus. Worth the trip though - a really nice three lapper on a mix of grass, tarmac and trail with a lot of tree roots on the surface. Plus bollards, indicated (apart from the first one) with "beware bollards" on bright yellow signs. A house just before the road down to the park was titled "The Tardis", somewhat oddly.

Well worth the trip though, I'd recommend it.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Well that one will have to wait as Bromley next week I took on clair parkrun in Haywards heath. A charming 4.5 lapper of the park slight undulations 1.5min added to usual time 21m 11s again can't do anything in this heat.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Last week charming Parkrun was Bromley with Sir mc naught on a lovely fast course did a 20m 02s haven't gone that fast in a while. This week was pontypool 20m 43s but slightly undulating course defo can feel faster times a coming legs working really well at moment.

Only one the full ponty left pridd.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Highbury Fields for me this week - a nice lap but done five times over it dragged. Super convenient for the tube and 'spoons afterwards. :D
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

Iain wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 20:11 Highbury Fields for me this week - a nice lap but done five times over it dragged. Super convenient for the tube and 'spoons afterwards. :D
Me and Kev have always said the challenge with Highbury Fields is counting to 5!
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

xcooler123 wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 13:09
Iain wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 20:11 Highbury Fields for me this week - a nice lap but done five times over it dragged. Super convenient for the tube and 'spoons afterwards. :D
Me and Kev have always said the challenge with Highbury Fields is counting to 5!
Spot on David, chatting to the volunteer team afterwards they said this has happened many times with more often than not an extra lap being done :shock:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Tomorrow's Parkrun will be the lovely Hampstead heath. It hasn't been said in other thread of random 15 but 3 of us are going to Mile end Sept 22nd
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

dstock17 wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 08:20 Tomorrow's Parkrun will be the lovely Hampstead heath. It hasn't been said in other thread of random 15 but 3 of us are going to Mile end Sept 22nd
Linford Wood with Greg Rutherford for me :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Hampstead Heath with Andi for me - gorgeous scenery but seriously hilly with a long uphill to the finish, except for the last 50 yards. There was another obstacle, with someone deciding to walk across the front of the finish funnel as I was sprinting the last bit, leading to me needing to take drastic evasive action.

Six left for Londone, with a few hilly ones left like Gladstone