Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
dstock17
Zone 5

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by dstock17 »

5 of us tube challengers at Dartford heath soup dragon we have a new person to add to the list. What an exhausting Parkrun I busted my gut around the course despite losing the lead at 1 point I retook the lead and held it until the end for my 1st ever 1st position the feeling when u cross the line and you know ur the 1st is amazing something I don't think I ever get the chance again.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Nice course and not too muddy, but watch out for tree roots! Someone just behind me tripped on one so I stopped to help her, but she seemed fine.
Last edited by Iain on 28 Jan 2019, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Top morning at Dartford Heath - well worth a visit
Thanks to Das for picking me up at Crayford Station and well done Andi on that 1st finish position :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

2 pints to celebrate and a few more later on me thinks its been a long day bit of kip then back out this evening
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Well done Andi- great running. You timed your visit to Dartford Heath almost to perfection, as you got the 2nd slowest ever first finish there.

But you know what they say. A win is a win, except at parkrun when a first finish is a first finish :)
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Not so long ago Andi came second at South Oxhey, in a time that would have won many of the previous weeks, so it sort of evened out!
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

An early start for me today, to finally get a parkrun U at Upton Court. I'd had it planned for a few weeks, but what with Bedfont, Northala etc cancelling I feared it might get called off. Massive thanks to the team for keeping it on - the nearby pavements were really icy but the course had been cleared apart from a couple of patches where we were directed to run on the grass.

A tough journey for me - three buses (X26, U3 and 81), but I managed the return trip on a single hoppa fare!

There's toilets there and a great cafe with hot drinks, bacon butties and chocolate, as well as a lovely course :D
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

A parkrun U?
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

It was a debate today whether I could have won I took my dog and started at the back etiquette soon realised should have started at front. But eventually came and I only get silver as Lee was ahead of me.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Iain wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 14:28 An early start for me today, to finally get a parkrun U at Upton Court. I'd had it planned for a few weeks, but what with Bedfont, Northala etc cancelling I feared it might get called off. Massive thanks to the team for keeping it on - the nearby pavements were really icy but the course had been cleared apart from a couple of patches where we were directed to run on the grass.

A tough journey for me - three buses (X26, U3 and 81), but I managed the return trip on a single hoppa fare!

There's toilets there and a great cafe with hot drinks, bacon butties and chocolate, as well as a lovely course :D
Should have given me a shout would have met you at Hatton X - I had 3 runs in mind today all grass because I knew they would be on and Upton was one of them - did Hazelwood in the end..
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

See Iain u had a choice of running partner we were lucky chose right one and it increased my nendy now
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Ah bugger, saw you were doing Hazelwood so didn't bother to ask
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Anybody wanting a j for the alphabet and join me in the group Gr8 chance next week as Jersey Farm Parkrun it is with a stop over at my favourite travelodge Croydon.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

dstock17 wrote: 26 Jan 2019, 11:11 5 of us tube challengers at Dartford heath soup dragon we have a new person to add to the list. What an exhausting Parkrun I busted my gut around the course despite losing the lead at 1 point I retook the lead and held it until the end for my 1st ever 1st position the feeling when u cross the line and you know ur the 1st is amazing something I don't think I ever get the chance again.
Who is the new person to add Andi? Let me know and I will add their results.
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

I'm one week behind on the stats, so here is the update for 26th January.

Twelve runner again this week, with the majority running at Dartford Heath.

This weeks Highlights
Andi becomes our first Parkrun winner, finishing 1st at Dartford Heath in 20:22, well done Andi!
Tubeguru ends a negative run of 43 weeks with an outing at Plymvalley, his first run since 24/03/18.
Tractakid sets a SB and CB at Linford Wood in a time of 23:52.
Geofftech runs a SB of 35:40 at Clapham Common.
Nozzacook has a SB finish of 25th at Heartlands.
Going Underground has a SB finish of 90th at Dartford Heath.
Das also has a SB finish of 96th at Dartford Heath.
Tpfkar set a SB of 112th at Linford Wood.

MatthewCook18 ran for the first time at Heartlands so this is now on the medals list. Soup Dragon gets Gold, Nozzacook Silver, and Matthew claims Bronze.

Dartford Heath also joins the list with Andi claiming Gold, Iain takes Silver and Going Underground grabs the bronze.

Full table is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!