Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Soup Dragon »

Going Underground wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 21:24 Pah I knew my Cranleigh time was bollox - SD please adjust to 83rd place 34:43 - Iain's is slightly out as well :(
That's a shame, stats have been updated. I will also need to recalculate the scrabble scores.
One day I shall return!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Hopefully a properly brand new parkrun site will one day appear, rather than just a re-skin.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Made use of the longest bus route in London to head out west and met up with Andi at Hatton Cross, then on to Maidenhead. It starts near some rugby pitches, but 90% of it is on some really nice trails. Only one narrow bit where you need to walk if you're not at either end, but overall a really lovely run
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

After 2 weeks of calf injuries I took it easy maidenhead is too narrow at start well it is if u don't get off line quick I was at back lol. Such a lovely course really enjoyable was not expecting a great course like that. Annoyingly I was 2 secs off a bingo number but then I had to estimate as starter didn't even shout 321
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I was planning on Tilgate yesterday, but should have checked cancellations first as there was another event at the venue. A quick change of plan took me to Lancing. There's a short out and back on grass before heading up onto the coastal path for a far longer out and back. Some gorgeous scenery, a friendly team and a good cake shop made it well worth the trip. It has real PB potential as well, as apart from a short rise onto the coastal path, it's pancake flat.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Iain wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 07:36 I was planning on Tilgate yesterday, but should have checked cancellations first as there was another event at the venue. A quick change of plan took me to Lancing. There's a short out and back on grass before heading up onto the coastal path for a far longer out and back. Some gorgeous scenery, a friendly team and a good cake shop made it well worth the trip. It has real PB potential as well, as apart from a short rise onto the coastal path, it's pancake flat.
I prefer Lancing to Worthing, it's smaller and as you mentioned has a very friendly team. Of the three local runs close to me I'd say that Littlehampton has best PB potential, followed by Worthing. Lancing is good, but I find that the grass and the little slope take a bit out of my legs. Hopefully I will be able to get a sub 20 though at some point at Lancing
One day I shall return!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

I went to tetbury goods shed what a lovely Parkrun I was at the back only complaint a really narrow start. So ran with daz for about 3 minutes then decided to press my self on my calf and I felt good really good I be back up to running speed soon.

On a bonus side my charge through the field gave me 25th place my lowest I hadn't got my new lowest is now 36th place. Spookily enough the guy I passed came from Bridgnorth my grandfather died gardening in 1987 on fa Cup final day. And he died whilst doing it in this guy grandfather's garden.

I have now entered the top 80,s in the world for most events 89th place.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Thanks to scrxisi for updating the table last week.... here are the highlights!

Weekly Highlights 15th June
There were 11 runners this week.
One new course added, Montsouris (FRA).
Soup Dragon ran a PB at Penrose in 19:37 moving him one second ahead of Crunchy Saviour.
jamesthegill ran a PB at Lancing Beach Green in 26:48, his first sub-27 run.
Going Underground ran a CB at Clapham Common in 35:26, taking 42 seconds off his previous best in January.
scrxisi had a SB finish of 29th at Montsouris and he sets the benchmark for the course at 32:16

Medals update:
Maidenhead is now on the medals table, the first medalists are, Going Underground (GOLD), Andi (SILVER), Iain (BRONZE)
Penrose, Soup Dragon claims (GOLD), Matthewcook18 is down to (SILVER), Nozzacook slips to (BRONZE), Going Underground is out of the medals.
And finally.... with Geofftech running at Whitstable, Dudey gets his first ever medal...!
Whitstable medals, Dudey (GOLD), Geofftech (SILVER), Andi (BRONZE)

The full table is here.... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Soup Dragon wrote: 24 Jun 2019, 09:25 Medals update:
Maidenhead is now on the medals table, the first medalists are, Going Underground (GOLD), Andi (SILVER), Iain (BRONZE)

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

R u shocked Kevin I won't come back to reclaim a gold lol.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Andi was running with me/a nearby woman he got chatting to
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Weekly Highlights 22JUN

13 Runners this week.
2 new courses, Greenock and Tetbury Goods Shed
Dudey ran a SB at Whitstable in a time of 22:42, his best effort since May 2018.
jamesthegill ran his 100th parkrun at Lancing Beach Green, to honour him Iain finished in 100th place at the same event :shock:
DrainBrain and Das ran an identical time of 37:42, although at different events.
Andi sets the benchmark at Tetbury Goods Shed in 24:54
Geofftech sets the benchmark at Greenock in 25:17

Medals update:
At Yeovil Montacute, Soup Dragon now claims (GOLD), Andi slips to (SILVER) and The Raven to (BRONZE), Going Underground loses his medal.

The full details are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Soup Dragon wrote: 27 Jun 2019, 09:13 Weekly Highlights 22JUN

jamesthegill ran his 100th parkrun at Lancing Beach Green, to honour him Iain finished in 100th place at the same event :shock:
There's a certain synchronicity there, considering I only knew about parkrun through this forum!
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Did u see each other?
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

No - I did hear the shout out for someone running 100 but didn't realise who it was. Not surprising since I have no idea what James looks like, and only know his first name. I may even have chatted without realising!