Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by tractakid »

Goodness Kev, hope you're all right. Take it easy.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Kev, I think a trip to the doctor and a few weeks off running might be in order. Sounds like you've overdone it this festive period, and you've not had a weekend off since the end of June.

In other news, runs everywhere! We've managed 24 between us over the last two days. That's not bad.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

There's too much to go through, but Ric Brackenbury gets an honourable mention for popping up out of the blue again. Everyone except Ric, dudey, and Nozza was at a new venue this weekend, although tractakid is just showing off by doing three at once. I think his legs might have been a little tired though. :)

The spreadsheet took me ages this week - can we go back to one run each next weekend please?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

Hello. Remember me?

I was pleasantly surprised to see I was still being kept tabs on (at parkrun, at least). Just wanted to justify that by actually poking my head in.

Also, to justify my slow run at Canterbury yesterday, I did run the 6 miles over the North Downs to get there after the 9am Whitstable. :oops:

As you were.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

dudey wrote:Hello. Remember me?

I was pleasantly surprised to see I was still being kept tabs on (at parkrun, at least). Just wanted to justify that by actually poking my head in.

Also, to justify my slow run at Canterbury yesterday, I did run the 6 miles over the North Downs to get there after the 9am Whitstable. :oops:

As you were.
Yes, I remember you. I've been noting that you've been getting faster over the last few weeks. But only 21:02 today? What were you thinking?!

Member of sweet FA
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

After a while away (a full time bar job and doing a masters in engineering take up a lot of time) and promising ages ago I'd do a parkrun I have now actually signed up :D I have also started training again and my first (unofficial) 5km is around the 27 min mark which isn't too bad considering I haven't run properly for nearly 6 months :shock: my local parkrun is Shrewsbury (and also my home town) and I am hopefully going to attempt one this Saturday (revision depending, I have exams the week after)
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

When you're done, let me know your number and I'll add you to the table.

Member of sweet FA
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

I don't know why I bother reading the parkrun thread as I don't do parkrun but I have noticed a mistake with the Google Documents spreadsheet that there is, and that is that although Going Underground is credited with only one parkrun at Cranleigh, which on the 'by PB time' sheet is this weekend, but as he has only run it once it is by definition a new course although it is not marked as so.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

A Challenge wrote:I don't know why I bother reading the parkrun thread as I don't do parkrun but I have noticed a mistake with the Google Documents spreadsheet that there is, and that is that although Going Underground is credited with only one parkrun at Cranleigh, which on the 'by PB time' sheet is this weekend, but as he has only run it once it is by definition a new course although it is not marked as so.
You are correct but Neil had a lot of data to chase around this weekend with most people dong 2-3 parkruns. It is a very minor omission.
If you look to the far right it says it's new in the notes / comments.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Sounds like another person can get badgered by chilcraft to do a park run eh
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

A Challenge wrote:I don't know why I bother reading the parkrun thread as I don't do parkrun but I have noticed a mistake with the Google Documents spreadsheet that there is, and that is that although Going Underground is credited with only one parkrun at Cranleigh, which on the 'by PB time' sheet is this weekend, but as he has only run it once it is by definition a new course although it is not marked as so.
I'm confused as to why you have singled only GU out for this "omission", as I've done exactly the same thing for Soup Dragon, tractakid, and DrainBrain's new runs last weekend. The column isn't wide enough to put "(NEW)" after each new run without making it ridiculously so. That's why is says which runs are new to the right of the spreadsheet.

Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

tubeguru wrote:Kev, I think a trip to the doctor and a few weeks off running might be in order. Sounds like you've overdone it this festive period, and you've not had a weekend off since the end of June.
Hi Neil, the mistake I made was trying to do that many runs so close together and ALL with a heavy chest cold and all on mainly grass surfaces with climbs (bar Old Deer)
The last one being in atrocious running conditions in the cold and pouring rain, I tell you I was very close to getting back in the car and driving home without running at Cranleigh and even closer to stopping after the first lap but thought just tough it out for 20 more mins.... I think 5k once a week is fine as long your health is OK and the moment my clearly isn't!

I do have some body strength and tolerance to cold back now, but am still pretty poorly coughing a lot and have absolutely no appetite at all... I had to take 2 days off work and I going to try and go back tomorrow but wont be cycling which is unheard of for as have been doing that all year round since 2004 ish....

SO this may well be an enforced break anyway....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

tubeguru wrote:
I'm confused as to why you have singled only GU out for this "omission", as I've done exactly the same thing for Soup Dragon, tractakid, and DrainBrain's new runs last weekend. The column isn't wide enough to put "(NEW)" after each new run without making it ridiculously so. That's why is says which runs are new to the right of the spreadsheet.
Sorry. I hadn't noticed that on a small screen! Going Underground I'd the only one I'd noticed.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Penrose is going to an alternative course from this Saturday until the course dries out a bit.

Now going to be run as an out and back to roughly the current half way point. It will be interesting, scenic and still challenging.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Nozza - how do you fancy a bit of this?

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/mountedgcumbe/

:)

Member of sweet FA
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

I will be there but not for their inaugural due to engineering work. I have to wait until the 13th when trains are back to normal.