Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Soup Dragon »

A fairly busy weekend with 12 of us running, though only 11 results recorded due to Andi's glitch at East Brighton.

This weeks Highlights
Rhys1995 sets a PB with 14th Place at Brandon Country Park and his time was a CB of 22:58
xCooler123 also sets a PB with 66th at Camperdown, his time of 25:15 was a SB
SoupDragon set a new PB at Littlehampton Prom in a time of 19:53, shaving just 2 seconds off his previous time.

Medals:
With Iain running at East Brighton the course is now included in the medals table, the first medals awarded are:
Gold - Soup Dragon, Silver - Going Underground, Bronze - Iain.
No other medals to report this week.

The table has now been adapted with huge help from Scrxisi. You will need see several extra tabs, including Alphabet & Stopwatch Bingo.
Many thanks to Scrxisi for helping with this :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Soup Dragon on 19 Apr 2019, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
One day I shall return!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Any possibility for the others of course of staying alive full ponty compass pirate badges
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

dstock17 wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 19:16 Any possibility for the others of course of staying alive full ponty compass pirate badges
Or inaugurals :?: :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

My back/leg's playing up again - going to give Horsham a spin though. Don't care about the time but hope I don't knacker myself for my week off!
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

My back/leg's playing up again - going to give Horsham a spin though. Don't care about the time but hope I don't knacker myself for my week off!
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Well that seemed okay - back to walking but happy with the time considering. A lovely course and team, plus nearly 700 runners. Plus after seeing tons of them on facebook, I finally found a parkrun picture frame!
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

Me and Andi both ended up at Pont y Bala as it's not far from my parents and Andi needed to complete (again) the Full Ponty. An out-and-back twice along a flat path by the 2 rivers in Bala. Great bunch of people, stunning weather for it and gorgeous scenery in the background to top it off. Not particularly happy with my time of 25:25 (paced it all wrong on the first out-and-back so blew up on the second one) but at least I'm being consistent :) Also lovely cafe to meet up in after.
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

xcooler123 wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 12:13 Me and Andi both ended up at Pont y Bala as it's not far from my parents and Andi needed to complete (again) the Full Ponty. An out-and-back twice along a flat path by the 2 rivers in Bala. Great bunch of people, stunning weather for it and gorgeous scenery in the background to top it off. Not particularly happy with my time of 25:25 (paced it all wrong on the first out-and-back so blew up on the second one) but at least I'm being consistent :) Also lovely cafe to meet up in after.
Yes defo agree on that front good free parking as well at cafe not far to walk. I really must get a watch then I know when I'm doing well paced myself better at start but still feel could have gone faster the 4 break up of turning round cones break up the pace somewhat. Otherwise pleased with my time haven't gone that good in a while and no clicking of knee although 6 hours of driving back means my knee has ****** up big time.

Was lovely to run with a tube challenger I don't normally see 😊
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Happy Easter one and all. The sunny and warm conditions saw 12 of us running this Saturday.

I was at Alice Holt, parking is £2.00 but at least you get 10% off at the Cafe with your barcode, I enjoyed a large coffee and banoffee cake for £4.

Now onto the all important results and highlights.....

This weeks Highlights
dudey making his first run in several weeks set a SB of 23:01 at Whitstable
xcooler123 achieved a PB finish of 33rd (his previous was 66th) at Pont y Bala in 25:25
Andi claims the bragging rights for Pont y Bala, securing 5th spot in 20:23 (just 1 second outside his SB)
Drain Brain celebrated his 150th Parkrun with his inaugural outing at Hogmoor Inclosure

Medals Update:
At Alice Holt, Soup Dragon claims Gold, relegating Andi to Silver and Tractakid to Bronze. DrainBrain is now out of the medals.
At Cassiobury The Raven has taken Bronze from Going Underground.
At Hogmoor Inclosure Drain Brain takes Silver, Going Underground slip to Bronze and Das is out of the medals.
Geofftech's run at Sunny Hill sees medals awarded, he takes the Gold, Going Underground takes Silver and Iain gets the Bronze.

Here is the latest table, Scrxisi has added another new tab "Passionista Events"
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

You also forgot to mention that I'm the only Parkrunner in the world with all the running badges that don't rely on luck accomplished only me.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

dstock17 wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 13:09 You also forgot to mention that I'm the only Parkrunner in the world with all the running badges that don't rely on luck accomplished only me.
Well done Andi, to be honest I don't understand what all the different badges and challenges are. Kevin was explaining some of them to me the other week. My biggest challenge is getting out of bed on a Saturday morning (especially this week, I was full of cold). How do you get all the different badges?
One day I shall return!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Nothing lucky about 'Single Ton' or 'Double Ton', you don't have either of those. :)
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

tractakid wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 19:45 Nothing lucky about 'Single Ton' or 'Double Ton', you don't have either of those. :)
Yes but that ain't a tourist badge is it and if I started in 2005 or 2008 then I'm sure I have those too
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

I should hopefully acheive single ton at Bedfont someday - mind you not sure how these chrome extensions work? I assume they are phone based only rather than laptop /computer?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Easier on PC actually.

https://running-challenges.co.uk/
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*