Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Soup Dragon »

dstock17 wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 22:22
Going Underground wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 22:13
jamesthegill wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 13:06 I believe there's a new parkrun starting in Seaford (East Sussex) a week tomorrow - March 2nd.

There will be rail replacement buses running between Three Bridges & Brighton and Three Bridges & Lewes so plan ahead.
Yes indeed had this one on the radar - hoping SD might put me up Friday week then :wink:
Perhaps sd can also lay on an escape room possibility?
Unfortunately (or Fortunately, whichever way you look at it), the Escape Room is fully booked on Saturday 2nd March and Saturday 9th March.
So there are no possibilities for me beyond Worthing & Lancing for the next two Saturdays.
We will have to plan in advance if we are to get you and Kevin down to do the Escape Room.
One day I shall return!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I've done one parkrun for every tube station!
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Rather surprised that only 7 of us were running this week, with the lovely spring like weather.

This weeks Highlights
Soup Dragon set a SB of 21:03 at Portsmouth Lakeside
Geofftech also set a SB of 28:22 at Poolsbrook (also setting our benchmark for this course)
Andi sets the benchmark at Wotton in a time of 21:31, with another top ten finish, this time 5th place.
GU wins the inaugural battle against Iain at California Country Park, with a time of 36:13

The only medals to change hands were at Portsmouth Lakeside.
Soup Dragon moves into Gold, Drain Brain drops down to Silver and GU now slips to Bronze. Andi is out of the medals.

I really enjoyed Portsmouth Lakeside, nice course with a fairly level track and good views. First time ever that I've been beaten by two people pushing buggies, included the winner who finished in an amazing 16:46, I reckon the buggy must have been motorised! :shock:

Here are the full results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

My plan for my first Parkrun in a while was scuppered when we had to visit a good family friend who is quite ill at the moment. On the plus side, it was nice to see him :D
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Got my Q at Queen Elizabeth Country Park - quite a rough one with loads of mud and hills. I really enjoyed it though, especially with coffee and cake afterwards :D
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

And mud-a-plenty at Mountbatten School - must be the oddest school field ever with several trees and odd path sections (all grass) here and there :?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

If you forget your kit, do they make you do it in your vest and pants? :lol:
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

It was my 4th cornish Parkrun at heartlands with Mr nozza giving out the tokens brazenly said don't forget to give me number 1 I didn't get that again but number 2 miles ahead of number 3. A nice twisty course so u can't get up to top speed really but a nice time again in low 20m range.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Dudley parkrun this morning- totally brilliant. Two laps of a running track, followed by a canal towpath (going under and over bridges), a slippy downhill and uphill through a wooded nature reserve, through which is an abandoned railway line where you literally have to hop over the left behind track. Back to the stadium for another two laps to finish. Completely varied route, a must do in my opinion :)
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

A much busier week with twelve of us lacing up our running shoes. With the amount of new courses you lot are running it's making it hard work to keep up :roll:

This weeks highlights
Das running at Minehead set a new PB of 34:19, a massive improvement of over 5 minutes on his previous CB for Minehead.
Soup Dragon set a SB of 20:15 at Worthing and in doing so equalled his Age Graded PB of 75.23%.
Drain Brain ran a SB of 28:28 at South Norwood. 85th Place is also a SB.
Andi claims another top 10 finish, this time 2nd Place at Heartlands in a time of 20:28
Five new courses have been added to the "Courses done by one runner" category.........
Rhys1995 completed his first Parkrun at Brandon Country Park in 25:01
Tractakid sets the benchmark for Dudley in 24:21
Jamesthegill filled his lungs full of Seaford Beach air, clocking in at 28:42
Geofftech was off to the races at Redcar in 29:41
Going Underground enjoyed his Schooldayz at Mountbatten School in 37:04

Medals changing hands:
Andi now takes Gold at Heartlands, Matthewcook18 slips into Silver, with Soup Dragon now getting his first Bronze. Nozza is out of the medals.
Drain Brain takes Bronze from Scrxisi at South Norwood.

Full details are here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Soup Dragon on 05 Mar 2019, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.
One day I shall return!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

I think u find Geoff wasn't at the races he was filming Redcar British steel least used station.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5QCB6UdlnVw&t=722s
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

This weekend is York funnily enough u have to adjust ur medal table soupie there as it be a new one 3 have run at.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

I was doing some interval training at Worthing Leisure Centre today (12 x 400m) and there was a chap who was doing some Race Walking training.
At the end of my session I stopped to chat with him, turns out that it was Ian Richards, who represented team GB at the 1980 Moscow Olympics in the 50km Race Walk. I found out that he occasionally does Worthing Parkrun and has a PB of 22:27, fairly impressive for a 70 year old just out for a casual stroll! :shock:
One day I shall return!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

A very wet and windy Parkrun at York today oh the glory of tourism a slight knee jarring in home straight cost me a bingo time alas but another in 20 min range happy with that must be getting close to a 2nd alphabet.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Twelve brave runners this week, battling against the wind, so I'm quite amazed at a few of the times achieved.
At Lancing my time would normally have been good enough for a top 10 but there was a huge group from Portslade HedgeHoppers and 6 of their runners finished ahead of me, so I had to settle for 14th :(

This weeks Highlights
Rhys1995 improved on the time of his inaugural run at Brandon, his PB is now 23:44 and 22nd Place. (Moving up 4 places in our PB Rankings)
Geofftech ventured to Poland and set a SB of 27:28 in Zary
Iain was at York and also set a SB of 34:04
Going Underground set his best time since before Christmas, with a SB 34:40 at Northampton
Soup Dragon shaved 4 seconds off his CB at Lancing Beach Green, finishing in 21:26

No medals changed hands, but medals are now awarded at two new courses.
York - Andi takes Gold, Geofftech claims Silver, and Iain gets Bronze.
Northampton - Tractakid is awarded Gold, Drain Brain gets Silver, and Going Underground claims Bronze

Full details are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!