Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by tubeguru »

Is this year one of those where there are two runs at some venues in Christmas and New Year week?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

tubeguru wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 11:09 Is this year one of those where there are two runs at some venues in Christmas and New Year week?
Yep. Usual Saturday runs plus some locations had Christmas Day runs and some will have New Year's Day runs.

Also, on New Year's Day it's allowed to run two separate parkruns and record an official time for both.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/christmas-compendium/
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

DrainBrain wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 11:28
tubeguru wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 11:09 Is this year one of those where there are two runs at some venues in Christmas and New Year week?
Yep. Usual Saturday runs plus some locations had Christmas Day runs and some will have New Year's Day runs.

Also, on New Year's Day it's allowed to run two separate parkruns and record an official time for both.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/christmas-compendium/
Yep just finished 3rd run in a week having done Richmond on Christmas Day and planning Maidenhead / Upton Court on NYD
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
crypto
Zone 2

Post by crypto »

Decided to do Chippenham a day after rainfall. Pro-tip: don't do this.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I'm compiling a list of all the runs that will take place between the 23rd and the 1st, and then will update them all at once.

I'll also post a summary of who did what on here too.

Member of sweet FA
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

crypto wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 22:55 Decided to do Chippenham a day after rainfall. Pro-tip: don't do this.
Was that ur Xmas day one I was weighing that up but did volunteer instead just too far.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Apparently Paul Sinton-Hewitt was at Cannock Chase on Saturday. Unfortunately I'm not normally in any state to notice anything out of the ordinary at Parkrun so only realised this when photos of him were posted on Facebook!
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
crypto
Zone 2

Post by crypto »

dstock17 wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 20:58 Was that ur Xmas day one I was weighing that up but did volunteer instead just too far.
I did Delamere while up with the family for Christmas day and Chippenham the following weekend. Interesting course, but just a mudbath after rain.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

al wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 11:51 Apparently Paul Sinton-Hewitt was at Cannock Chase on Saturday. Unfortunately I'm not normally in any state to notice anything out of the ordinary at Parkrun so only realised this when photos of him were posted on Facebook!
Met him twice lovely fella, he was at Nonsuch quite by chance when I met Matt Scriv for his "annual" birthday run and just so happened to be a big photo shoot for their 250th event... Then he was kind enough to come and marshal at our first anniversary at Laleham juniors last year :D
Last edited by Going Underground on 01 Jan 2018, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

Mudbath for me today. I did Southsea in the wind and rain and then headed to Queen Elizabeth.

So much mud. Slippery, slippery mud. And rain. And hills. It didn't help that I got there a little late, couldn't find a parking spot and started about 4 minutes after everyone else. I started 2017 with my slowest ever parkrun and ended it that way too.

But even in the rain and mud lots of runners I passed exchanged friendly words of encouragement. parkrun is awesome.
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

I went uber tourism and drove to Lydney and forest of Dean two top 20 finishes in mud and considering the amount of professional runners was pleased. Next up are gunnersbury and Fulham Palace ( THAT'S depending on my supporting role in a charity tube attempt I may end up else where according to their route)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Right ... an update has been done, and all 41 runs done by forum users since the 16th of December. In case anyone cares I have dealt with the extra Christmas Day and NYD runs as follows:

Christmas Day is counted as being in the same week as Saturday the 23rd. New Year's Day is counted as being in the same week as the 30th of December. So if someone ran on EITHER of those two dates they will be counted as running in that week. Since the last update there have been two Saturday runs, so even if you did five runs between the 16th and today your streak will only go up by two. Your number of runs would of course go up by five.

The "number of runs since a PB" column also takes into account the actual number of runs you've done. So someone doing five runs has had five added to that total (because no one got a PB in any run since the 16th of December).

So here are all the runs that people took part in over Christmas and the New Year:
  • Andi - Riddlesdown (23/12), Abingdon (30/12), Lydney (01/01), Forest of Dean (01/01)
  • Soup Dragon - Worthing (25/12), Hove Promenade (01/01), Brighton & Hove (01/01)
  • dudey - Whitstable (01/01), Sittingbourne (01/01)
  • crypto - Delamere (25/12), Chippenham (30/12)
  • tpfkar - Milton Keynes (01/01)
  • DrainBrain - Southsea (23/12), Southsea (25/12), Southsea (30/12), Queen Elizabeth (01/01), Southsea (01/01)
  • scrxisi - Barking (25/12), Southwark (01/01), Highbury Fields (01/01)
  • Iain - Riddlesdown (23/12), Canons Park (30/12)
  • xcooler123 - Shrewsbury (30/12)
  • tractakid - Buckingham (23/12), Melton Mowbray (25/12), Pymmes (30/12), Hove Promenade (01/01), Brighton & Hove (01/01)
  • The Raven - Bournemouth (23/12), Poole (25/12)
  • al - Cannock Chase (23/12), Cannock Chase (30/12)
  • jamesthegill - Brighton & Hove (01/01), Hove Promenade (01/01)
  • Going Underground - Salisbury (23/12), Richmond Park (25/12), Canons Park (30/12), Maidenhead (01/01), Upton Court (01/01)
  • Das - Lymington Woodside (25/12), Brockenhurst (30/12)
And here is the spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Sorry for the delay, but the table has now been updated with everything.

Al got a PB at Cannock Chase in among the mess, as did crypto at Peckham Rye. Geoff got his 200th run in at Crystal Palace.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

I thought my time at Southwark was incorrect and has now been adjusted to 32:08... Still my slowest time in 4 runs there but a little more respectable...
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Interesting statistic area wise there :lol: