Future Tube

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Post Reply
User avatar
hopeful traveller
All Zones
Posts: 1295
Joined: 15 Jul 2011, 16:28
Location: West Harrow, Grid square B2, Zone 5, Metropolitan Line

Future Tube

Post by hopeful traveller » 13 Apr 2013, 10:37

Well, what could happen to the tube in the future and how will affect the challenge? (For that last clause, this may be in the wrong forum)
  • Bakerloo to Watford Junction, possibly, leading to opening of Headstone Lane, Hatch End, Carpenders Park, Bushey, Watford High Street, and Watford Junction;
  • Bakerloo southbound to somewhere, Hayes, for instance, leading to somewhere between 11 and 13 stations to open;
  • Croxley Rail Link, leading to the closure of Watford and opening of Ascot Road and Watford Hospital;
  • Northern line to Battersea, leading to opening of Nine Elms and Battersea;
  • Central line possibly to Uxbridge;
  • New line to do half of the Northern line, it's what TfL have been pushing for if they can rebuild Camden Town;
  • District to go to Uxbridge, Piccadilly to do shuttle service between Acton Town and Ealing Broadway (for "level access" reasons up the what-is-now-the-Piccadilly line);
  • Possible closure of Kensington (Olympia), I heard that they want to close it but campaigners want to keep it open for events.
That would be a horrible challenge of 289, 290, or 291.

Guess at a time if that was all to happen?
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition

User avatar
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 8345
Joined: 11 Apr 2006, 12:24
Location: Down in a tube station at midnight.
Contact:

Re: Future Tube

Post by Going Underground » 13 Apr 2013, 11:14

Makes it a challenge to get around in a day that's for sure.... I suspect I will be retired long before this comes into play, assuming of course that it all does....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold

User avatar
The Raven
All Zones
Posts: 2617
Joined: 05 Jun 2006, 23:49
Location: Perched on a branch
Contact:

Re: Future Tube

Post by The Raven » 13 Apr 2013, 12:37

You can't retire Kev! It wouldn't be the same without you!
Go Pack Go!

palkanetoijala31

Re: Future Tube

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 13 Apr 2013, 13:18

Why not its something i have seriously considered

User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8846
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: Future Tube

Post by tubeguru » 13 Apr 2013, 13:22

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Why not its something i have seriously considered
I seem to remember that you were going to leave the forum at the end of last year ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2018
Member of sweet FA

palkanetoijala31

Re: Future Tube

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 13 Apr 2013, 13:29

thats true as well but if u notice i dont often comment as much as i used to im staying in the shadows

User avatar
tractakid
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3251
Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 20:04
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Future Tube

Post by tractakid » 13 Apr 2013, 16:29

The Raven wrote:You can't retire Kev! It wouldn't be the same without you!
Seeing as he is always there... :D An incredible commitment to this bizarre pursuit.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*

User avatar
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 8345
Joined: 11 Apr 2006, 12:24
Location: Down in a tube station at midnight.
Contact:

Re: Future Tube

Post by Going Underground » 14 Apr 2013, 13:19

tractakid wrote:
The Raven wrote:You can't retire Kev! It wouldn't be the same without you!
Seeing as he is always there... :D An incredible commitment to this bizarre pursuit.
My head will never want to retire but the body protests constantly due to wear and tear over many, many years of playing sport and pushing it to the maximum limit..... Aside achilles, lower back, knee and tennis elbow pain nothing else hurts :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold

User avatar
tractakid
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3251
Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 20:04
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Future Tube

Post by tractakid » 14 Apr 2013, 13:36

Your physical heart may have to have a long lasting battle with your emotional heart! Lol
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*

Rhys1995
Zone 5
Posts: 424
Joined: 16 Sep 2010, 09:53
Location: North/East London

Re: Future Tube

Post by Rhys1995 » 30 Apr 2013, 10:26

I can hear myself singing 'There's only one Kevin Brown'!
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.

Rhys1995
Zone 5
Posts: 424
Joined: 16 Sep 2010, 09:53
Location: North/East London

Re: Future Tube

Post by Rhys1995 » 30 Apr 2013, 10:27

hopeful traveller wrote:Well, what could happen to the tube in the future and how will affect the challenge? (For that last clause, this may be in the wrong forum)
  • Bakerloo to Watford Junction, possibly, leading to opening of Headstone Lane, Hatch End, Carpenders Park, Bushey, Watford High Street, and Watford Junction;
  • Bakerloo southbound to somewhere, Hayes, for instance, leading to somewhere between 11 and 13 stations to open;
  • Croxley Rail Link, leading to the closure of Watford and opening of Ascot Road and Watford Hospital;
  • Northern line to Battersea, leading to opening of Nine Elms and Battersea;
  • Central line possibly to Uxbridge;
  • New line to do half of the Northern line, it's what TfL have been pushing for if they can rebuild Camden Town;
  • District to go to Uxbridge, Piccadilly to do shuttle service between Acton Town and Ealing Broadway (for "level access" reasons up the what-is-now-the-Piccadilly line);
  • Possible closure of Kensington (Olympia), I heard that they want to close it but campaigners want to keep it open for events.
That would be a horrible challenge of 289, 290, or 291.

Guess at a time if that was all to happen?
This would be our time as well!
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.

Post Reply