Help Needed! Train drivers wanted to take part in research

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Beckie101
Zone 1

Help Needed! Train drivers wanted to take part in research

Post by Beckie101 »

Dear all,

My name is Rebecca Connabeer and I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist at the University of Hertfordshire.

I would like to invite you to take part in a research project.

The research aims to investigate the experiences of train drivers’ who have witnessed a railway suicide.

Research into the impact of railway suicides from the perspective of the train driver themselves is very limited, your participation would therefore be a valuable contribution to expanding our understanding in this area.

I can meet you at a location that is convenient to you, and the research will not take up too much of your time.

Several drivers who have already taken part have said that they found participating interesting, and that they could could see the potential value of the research for enhancing the training and support given to drivers, both before and after such incidents.

I am now only looking for six more participants in order to complete my research.

So if you have witnessed a railway suicide whilst driving a train, I would be very very grateful if you could PM me so that we can arrange to meet.

Many thanks in advance.

Beckie