Tubechallenge/Friends/Tubefest 2012!

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Tubechallenge/Friends/Tubefest 2012!

Post by Going Underground »

I would like to say what a really enjoyable 2 days :D

Some excellent challenging, fast times, sexy changes and various tired and aching body parts today :!:

It was great to catch up with so many friends and meet some lovely new people for the first time; tractakid, Rhys1995, Sheenagh, Ross & Tash and apologies if I have missed anyone else.....

We had a really sociable couple of days with spirits high and fun and banter on the darts board :P

We had Adham with his "Fair Fares" campaign on Friday then entertaining us with a severe bout of cramp, twice nearly knocking a table of beers over :lol:
Further Adham entertainment on Saturday with a rendition of his new song "Edgware Road" sang outside Edgware Road :shock:

So much I could write about, but will just say that I thoroughly enjoyed this years event and it's the people that make it and everyone was fantastic 8)
Last edited by Going Underground on 11 Jun 2012, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Tubechallenge/Friends/Tubfest 2012!

Post by tubeguru »

GU wins the 2012 award for "The most different number of smileys used at the end of sentences in one post".

Well done.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

Edited becuase I dont want to get banned for saying what everyone is thinking about a certain admin.
Last edited by MylesHSG on 10 Jun 2012, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
The King is back! Long live The King!
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

Anyway Kev it was a fantastic weekend. Full of the tube, darts, beer and banter. :D :D :D

Couldn't agree more. :D :D :D

Shame that Andi had to leave us so soon on Saturday, I hope his folks are ok! :shock: :? :shock:

Sam Smiths really need to sort out their prices though! I ordered 1 Pure Brew and 1 cider and got £1.50 change from a tenner! I think James paid over a fiver for 1 bottle of stout! :evil: :evil: :evil:
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

MylesHSG wrote:Edited becuase I dont want to get banned for saying what everyone is thinking about a certain admin.
What on earth would the good people of this forum be thinking about their wonderful admin person?

Member of sweet FA
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

Lets just say if you have a glass half full/empty of water you'd think it was bone dry after being left in the middle of the Sahara from 100 years.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

tubeguru wrote:
MylesHSG wrote:Edited becuase I dont want to get banned for saying what everyone is thinking about a certain admin.
What on earth would the good people of this forum be thinking about their wonderful admin person?
Clearly they're thinking what a shame it was that you had to miss the fun and frolic and you were so sorely missed.

I've had a fun couple of days playing with big trains :)
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

MylesHSG wrote:Lets just say if you have a glass half full/empty of water you'd think it was bone dry after being left in the middle of the Sahara from 100 years.
You take everything I take way too seriously. Maybe I should point out that most of what I say is an attempt at humour. I'm not like this in real life you know.

And I too was having a couple of days of playing with real trains, which is more or less what I've been doing for five years now.

Member of sweet FA
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

tubeguru wrote:
MylesHSG wrote:Lets just say if you have a glass half full/empty of water you'd think it was bone dry after being left in the middle of the Sahara from 100 years.
You take everything I take way too seriously. Maybe I should point out that most of what I say is an attempt at humour. I'm not like this in real life you know.

And I too was having a couple of days of playing with real trains, which is more or less what I've been doing for five years now.
Actually having met neil twice i can say without a shadow of doubt he is a very nice person neil has a unique sense of humour some people like it others dont.

originally reading this i thought it was some sort of event for the future i will be up in london Saturday 23rd June anybody wish to do some door positioning and social drinking more than welcome to join me i be starting early but u can join up at any time.!
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Re: Tubechallenge/Friends/Tubefest 2012!

Post by MylesHSG »

Its a date Andi :lol:
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:originally reading this i thought it was some sort of event for the future i will be up in london Saturday 23rd June anybody wish to do some door positioning and social drinking more than welcome to join me i be starting early but u can join up at any time.!
Depending on exactly *how* early (as in what time you're leaving Bomo) I'll come and join in :) uni has finished for me for the year now but given that I've paid to live here until the beginning of July I'm planning on staying until then ;)
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

its negotiable i had planned really early start but could be per
sueded to start later
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

You're saved from having to wake up late Andi - I've got something else on on Saturday that I thought was the week after...
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.