Nostalgia

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Nostalgia

Post by tubeguru »

This is not only MY first post on the forum, but it is THE first thing ever posted on the forum.
tubeguru wrote:A few notes about the forum

Welcome to the tubechallenge.com forum!

The general idea is for this to become a place where the Challenge is discussed, ideas shared and experiences recounted. Newcomers with no idea what we're talking about can discover the joys of running all over the London Underground for no reason whatsoever for themselves!

Please take the time to register as a user of this forum so you can enjoy the benefits, eg being able to post!

As this is a public forum, a few rules are in order so please take the time to read the rules file above this one in the thread list if you haven't already done so.

Below are a few points that you may find helpful when using this forum. You will find the answers to most questions in the FAQ (link at the top of this page).

HTML Tags

The following HTML tags are allowed in posts to make them look pretty:

b, i, u, pre, center, img.

Please do not abuse the img tag (see rule 2 regarding pictures on the forum) or the facility will be removed.

At the moment, the only way to have an avatar is to upload one to the server, either from your PC or from a website which holds that image. Click on "profile" in the top right corner and scroll down to the Avatar section.

NOTE: The picture you choose to upload as an avatar MUST be no larger than 80x80 pixels and must be no larger than 10K in size.

An avatar gallery may appear in the future.

Old Threads

Threads which have not been posted to in 365 days will be deleted automatically from the forum. That should give you plenty of time to forget them :-)

(This feature has been disabled - old posts DO remain on the forum)

Back to the website!

There is a link in the top right corner of the screen to take you back to the tubechallenge.com website.

If you have any other queries about this forum please send me a private message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can

Tubeguru
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Interesting, but unfortunately you forgot the letter 'Q'. So you will have to add in Queens Park, Queensway or Queensbury.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Here's my first post...
Could I add to my time to the list for Zone One?

On 11th of April 2006 I managed a time of 3h:59m:01s

I think that is probally the slowest time done by anyone trying to go for the 'record'
I did this Zone One while I was still in Six Form College, so I was 18. Vauxhall to High Street Kensington if I remember. I was also hoping to get a friend and me to go for a full network record latter that summer after are exams. Never got round to doing it. Think I got a Chesham to Upminster route that just beat the then record. That would have been Sam and Steveoo's record?
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

If Woodford is to be excluded, I take it that High St Ken would also be excluded (even though it hasn't been mentioned by anyone yet)? It is, after all, a permanent terminus of the Olympia shuttle?
I must have felt this was a safe first post to make back in 2007 :?
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

greatkingrat wrote:Interesting, but unfortunately you forgot the letter 'Q'. So you will have to add in Queens Park, Queensway or Queensbury.
That was, of course, my very profound first post.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

I dont mind the smell. I like it. But i dont like the smell on the jubilee line trains because twice i've had headaches when using the trains. But overall, I like the smell.
My first post, nearly 6 years ago now..
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

I cant seem to find my first post looks to have been in Mornington Crescent but I am sure it would have been about Z1 in 2006?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Going Underground wrote:I cant seem to find my first post looks to have been in Mornington Crescent but I am sure it would have been about Z1 in 2006?
http://www.tubeforum.co.uk/forum/index. ... opic#p6068
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

So this was it then, thanks tractakid :)

"I am hoping to make it on 19th May with two others in our team....
would appreciate confirmation of exact meeting place / time when known as we are all challenge virgins :shock: "
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

I've done two interviews on local radio and it is going in two of my local papers, one of the stories can be found here: http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode. ... K=12969808
This was my first post, unfortunately the link no longer works :(

I clearly didn't feel the need to introduce myself though :P
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver