BDO Norwich Open

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
snudge27
All Zones

BDO Norwich Open

Post by snudge27 »

Seeing as Norwich seems to have been agreed as the venue for the next BDO Open, what are people's preferences regarding dates etc.,?

If anyone wanted to combine the Open with a visit to the East Anglia Transport Museum (www.eatm.org.uk) then the musuem re-opens from its winter break in April. I'm not sure of special event timings next year (they've yet to update their website), but I remember seeing a poster for an event commemorating the 50th anniversary of the last trolleybus in London (sometime in May, I think), and they generally have a bus and coach event some time in June.

What are people's preferences?
palkanetoijala31

Re: BDO Norwich Open

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

uefacup81 wrote:Seeing as Norwich seems to have been agreed as the venue for the next BDO Open, what are people's preferences regarding dates etc.,?

If anyone wanted to combine the Open with a visit to the East Anglia Transport Museum (http://www.eatm.org.uk) then the musuem re-opens from its winter break in April. I'm not sure of special event timings next year (they've yet to update their website), but I remember seeing a poster for an event commemorating the 50th anniversary of the last trolleybus in London (sometime in May, I think), and they generally have a bus and coach event some time in June.

What are people's preferences?
i suggest february
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

We could do Norwich in the spring, then somewhere else in late summer/autumn. Probably a bit early to decide the exact date as we will need to check if there is any engineering work on that line, this is usually published about 3 months beforehand.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

It looks like the EATM has now published its schedule of special events for 2012. If people fancy combining the EATM with the Open, and depending on people's interests, the following events look good:

The London Event 2012 on 6th and 7th May 2012

and

Eastern Coach Works Event 2012 on 16th and 17th June
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

uefacup81 wrote:It looks like the EATM has now published its schedule of special events for 2012. If people fancy combining the EATM with the Open, and depending on people's interests, the following events look good:

and

Tangy must be having a hard on for the event allready!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
uefacup81 wrote:It looks like the EATM has now published its schedule of special events for 2012. If people fancy combining the EATM with the Open, and depending on people's interests, the following events look good:

and

So that makes one more dick in this thread.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

I can only see two, but which two is the question 8)
The King is back! Long live The King!
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:

and

:shock: