All Stations Attempt (Going Off Topic ...)

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Exactly what I was thinking.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

You'll all appreciate me when i'm saving your life...
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

*cough* reminds me of T Boy *cough*
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

I like the 2 consecutive days idea! I'm sure it could be done! We can start at Amersham and go to Upminster (Tube Relief) and then do the opposite the following day.

Does anyone feel that they can stay awake for this long?
<a href="http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillyma ... g">Creator of the toilet map</a> New version coming soon!
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

UTTER MADNESS!!!!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

It's not madness.

I may do it this summer.
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

Then someone can try a chemical tube challenge, with steroids, caffeine and sleeping pills all taking the credit!
<a href="http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillyma ... g">Creator of the toilet map</a> New version coming soon!
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

sleeping pills on a tube challenge?! might aswell be drinking special K
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

Dear Miss Cawley,

Further to recent communication, I realise I have neglected a vital piece of information - specifically, the concept of a Tim-Tam.

Tim-Tams are an Australian biscuit comprising of a hard outer chocolatey shell, a chocolatey biscuit subcutaneous layer and a squidgey chocolatey section in the middle.

These are clearly the best biscuits in the world and as such I would recommend you buy some instantly from your nearest Tescos.

Regards

Chris.
Last edited by dr_chris on 23 Feb 2006, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Is this thread being used as some kind of secret communication device?

Member of sweet FA
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

Let's hope it's nothing sinister. Might be advisable to prepare for thread shut-down.
Paul Hunter (1978-2006) RIP
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

As a member of this "Team Yoda", I agree with you, and that thread shut-down would probably be the best option.
Chris, if you want to tell us your favourite biscuits, feel free, but there is an Off Topic Forum for all non-tube conversations, and why expect us to provide you with your favourite foods? Are you going to be providing us with food then?
And also, why the need to mention your rowing (as you consistently do)? Again, if you want to brag to the world about how you row up the Thames, do so in the Off Topic Forum, as opposed to devalueing this forum, and especially devalueing this thread which started originally as us posting about our quite successful 275 attempt where we obtained a fairly good (though not record breaking time).
Jeez, I sound like a moderator in that post, I'm not after your job Neil, don't worry!
Steve
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

Well Steve, as i'm really bored I felt like posting some pointless shite. (and we also had mention of Tim-Tams in this thread so it's not really that irrelevant).

I expect mutual provision of beer amongst the group. I will provide my own biscuits thanks.

If you really wish to moderate me Neil - please feel free, but note that I feel Steve's complaints are unnecessarily aggressive. I think we would do well to all remember that Tube Challenging is not the be-all and end-all of life - it is a random fun thing to do by like-minded nutters which happens to have an attached world record. I do feel that some people seem to take the whole thing far too seriously, and then you lose the entire spirit of the concept. I also feel that if moderators and users treat message boards like their own personal fiefdoms (not suggesting that Neil does) and rigorously police them, this is not really conducive to good community spirit.

On a related note - not available this Thursday unfortunately Steve, am available for all days next week though (assuming i'm not doing anything really important like attending a funeral)
Last edited by dr_chris on 23 Feb 2006, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Moved to Off-Topic Chat as the thread is entitled "All Stations Challenge" and not "Let's Use The Forum To Talk To Each Other Instead Of Using Our Phones".

Member of sweet FA
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

With respect I can't afford to use my phone.