A European Treasure Hunt!

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

A European Treasure Hunt!

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

Hi there everybody, I'm afraid I've taken the tube challenging thing to a whole new level...

This summer I'm competing against 200 other fellow Sheffield University students in a Europe-wide Treasure Hunt, which is the Largest Treasure Hunt in the World. After assembling at Brussels Midi on the 13th of June, myself and four fellow Town Planners (including Max Laverack and David Brierley who've also taken part in some tube challenges) will team together and will be given a cryptic clue, which we must solve before our competitors. Once we've solved this we'll use our inter-rail ticket to race to the location we've decoded, and if we've got it correct, we'll be given another clue. Across the week we must solve 5 such clues, and the team lucky enough to finish first will win £1000. While it will be nice to win the money, we're all clueless when it comes to cryptic clues so we're all looking forward to visiting some new European cities, but most importantly raising some money for deserving charities.

The three charities I'm raising money for are also three local charities, and they are:

1) The Exodus Project in Barnsley, which runs activity clubs targeting kids aged 8 to 15 in disadvantaged communities and aims to divert them from destructive lifestyles, helping them realise their true potential as well as offering day trips and activity week-ends for the young people.
2) Autism Plus, a South Yorkshire charity that provides support for people with autistic spectrum disorders, learning disabilities and mental health difficulties by teaching them independent living skills, helping them into employment or into volunteering opportunities and helping them achieve their dreams and aspirations.
3)The South Yorkshire Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre, was established to provide a range of non-intrusive, drug-free, symptom management and complementary therapies for people suffering with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and similar neurological conditions. It is the only such centre in a thirty mile radius.

If you could visit my donation page and leave an amount, no matter how great or small, then this will be greatly received.

Thanks for your time, and interest,

Philip

http://www.justgiving.com/BrownPhilip