Mornington Crescent Question

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Fimb
Zone 2

Mornington Crescent Question

Post by Fimb »

OK, the husband is doing this quiz type thing called Perplex City that involves collecting a stupid number of cards and answering questions (he's a sucker for anything like that)..
One of them is a Mornington Crescent based question and he thinks you lot might be able to help him (though it seems way to random to me!) But being the wonderful wife that I am, I am posting it!!

The text on the card reads;

while riding the subway to the academy one morning i bumped into scarlett, to pass the time we decided to play a quick game of mornington crescent.

i wont insult anyones intelligence but explaining the rules here but needless to say the game is played exactly the same way as the classic game based on the london underground. The only difference is we use stations from perplex city subway system.

scarlett began with the rare and exceedingly risky swaze gambit. her swashbuckling style paid off and i was soon caught in her spiders web of blind alleys and forced plays. The killer blow came on her 6th turn, which guaranteed her safe passage to mornington crescent on the very next move. several other people in the carriage who had been eavesdropping broke into spontaneous applause.

what station did scarlett play on her inspired 6th move?

Scarlett

Lower Mobius
Magine Corner
Trellis Gate
Traveren Square
Milamont Parade
?

Von

North Bay
Candle Place
Schrodinger's Junction
Lyttleton
Dreyer Park

*actually there are a few other subtle differences such as the banning of Dervish Loops and Whisper Conventions in the perplex city variant but these maneuvers are so rare in the modern game as not to be worth mentioning.

And an image of the card itself (apparently that can help!)

Any help much appreciated by him!
Fimb
Zone 2

Post by Fimb »

Oh, the website for Perplex City is - http://www.perplexcity.com

And if anyone else is interested, the husband has a ton of cards that Perplex City sent him with an eye to passing them on to get other people hooked, so I'm sure we could happily post a bunch out to people if they wanted any!
PFW
Zone 3

Post by PFW »

I'm not an expert on this, but I would guess that it is either Garden Gardens (not to be confused with Baden Baden) or Samantha's Passage.