Glasgow Underground

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Alansslonep
Zone 1

other systems

Post by Alansslonep »

Been on both Barcelona and Brussels systems.

Barcelona is the better of the two, especially the newer trains which are one continious car, which I am led to believe will be copied by LU when the new SSL trains come into service. Trains frequent and fairly clean.

Brusells was a bit dingy, and covered in graffiti, especially the stations. Only staff I saw apart from the drivers were in the ticket office.

The tube has its problems but it's nowhere near as bad as other places.
G Force
Zone 3

Re: other systems

Post by G Force »

Alansslonep wrote:Barcelona is the better of the two, especially the newer trains which are one continious car, which I am led to believe will be copied by LU when the new SSL trains come into service. Trains frequent and fairly clean.
Continuous walkways between cars are pretty much standard on most new metro trains now. The new SSL line trains will have them, but the new Victoria Line trains won't due to the tube profile making them bit more difficult to design.

The Barcelona metro is presently building a very innovative line (9/10), which will have tracks running on two levels within one giant tunnel (10.9m diameter). The station platforms, sidings, and equipment rooms will all be inside the single tunnel.