Favourite Song/Artist

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
mullardo
Zone 5

Favourite Song/Artist

Post by mullardo »

My Favourite Artist is Motorhead with this song
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Favourite Song/Artist

Post by tubeguru »

One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon (The whole album) :D 8)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I think the idea of this thread was to make another tedious reference to losing the game (being a twat). My favourite song is not Play The Game by Queen - I'll have to get back to you as I'm torn between Genesis and Floyd.

Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

tubeguru wrote:I think the idea of this thread was to make another tedious reference to losing the game (being a twat). My favourite song is not Play The Game by Queen - I'll have to get back to you as I'm torn between Genesis and Floyd.
Ah I see what you mean I hadn't actually clicked on Mullardo's link as we don't have sound at work.... More Twatism indeed.... :roll:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

I like this.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

Continuing on the theme set by Root, I like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ

And on a similar theme to the above and to Neil's post, I also like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TewHFKE7mpw I predict that Kevin will love this video, but then again, I may be proved wrong.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Mitchell&BrownLook wrote:Continuing on the theme set by Root, I like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ

And on a similar theme to the above and to Neil's post, I also like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TewHFKE7mpw I predict that Kevin will love this video, but then again, I may be proved wrong.
Is says not available when I click the link :(
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

I don't have any such problems Kevin. Does anyone else have this problem?
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

If we're being serious (as if), I've always liked this live performance of The Musical Box by Genesis back in 1972 on Belgian TV.

For those of you who think Genesis are a crappy pop band who did that awful Invisible Touch bollocks, this is from back when they did proper music.

Listen to the quality of Peter Gabriel's voice at the age of 22. Note also the quality (?) of Phil Collins' beard. Once Gabriel and Steve Hakcett (seated in black playing the guitar solos) left the band were on a course for sell-out central. Notice how Hackett is using the tapping technique years before Eddie van Halen was doing it. Poor old Mike Rutherford was relegated to sitting at the back next to Hackett and not doing much for this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35wtfcByIY

Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Compare the previous offering with this performance of the middle part of Firth of Fifth from Genesis' last tour in 2007.

This song was written in 1973, one year after they performed The Musical Box in my previous post. Gabriel and Hackett had gone in 1975 and 1977 respectively and Daryl Stuermer had been hired as the tour guitar player, sharing guitar and bass with Mike Rutherford who did all the guitars in the studio. A lot of people don't like the way Stuermer played the guitar solo completely over the top when compared to Hackett's studio original but I kind of like it in places.

Rutherford (bass), Phil Collins (drums) and Tony Banks (keyboards) are the only members left from the 1972 performance in my last post. You'll also notice Chester Thompson on the other drum kit, for when Phil was at the front singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxbN6Sv4SVU

So now you know ...

Member of sweet FA
mps247
Zone 4

Post by mps247 »

Mitchell&BrownLook wrote:I don't have any such problems Kevin. Does anyone else have this problem?
I do for the second link, but it kindly informs me that it is because it contains content from the BBC, and they have decided to block it in my country!

Looks like the iron curtain is still around... (Slovenia (as a part of Yugoslavia) was never really behind the iron curtain as such, but this is just pedantry).
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

tubeguru wrote:If we're being serious (as if), I've always liked this live performance of The Musical Box by Genesis back in 1972 on Belgian TV.

For those of you who think Genesis are a crappy pop band who did that awful Invisible Touch bollocks, this is from back when they did proper music.

Listen to the quality of Peter Gabriel's voice at the age of 22. Note also the quality (?) of Phil Collins' beard. Once Gabriel and Steve Hakcett (seated in black playing the guitar solos) left the band were on a course for sell-out central. Notice how Hackett is using the tapping technique years before Eddie van Halen was doing it. Poor old Mike Rutherford was relegated to sitting at the back next to Hackett and not doing much for this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35wtfcByIY
They were so good until they sold out :(
I just view them as two totally separate bands.....
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Check this out from from one of my 3 favourite bands, ELP from the IOW 1970 festival, unfortunately even I was too young to be there... :(

Keith Emerson was the finest exponent of prog keyboard play and Carl Palmer the best drummer of his generation... (IMHO) 8) :P
His drum kits went on to become much bigger and better.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agPk4--AGhQ
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition