Hello!

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
travelpass
Zone 2

Hello!

Post by travelpass »

:D
Last edited by travelpass on 23 Jul 2009, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Welcome aboard Donald,

The two guys who hold the world record are Geoff Marshall (aka Geofftech) and Neil Blake (aka TubeGuru) although Neil is not in the Tube program that is shown on sky as it was one of Geoff's previous partners (!) who was taking part then.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Hello Donald! Yes, that's me with the bad haircit & stupid three-quarter length trousers.

If you want to see ANOTHER programme about it (with, er ... me in it again!) then head on over to:

http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tubechallenge/media2.htm

Where there are two WMV files that you can stream/download and play - i'm sure you'd like it!
The JLE
Zone 1

Post by The JLE »

Hello all.

I am glad I came in contact with http://www.tubechallenge.com/index.html
and now the forum.

Please let me introduce me to you. I am Maarten Otto, 21 years old and live in Zandvoort (30 Km from Amsterdam).

Three years ago, I came in contact for the first time with the Underground while visiting london for just 4 days. I came for trainspotting, and Arrived by Eurostar. At Waterloo I was astonished by the underground line, taking me to London Bridge (The JLE) With my trolley, I got deeper and Deeper, followed by a long tunnel. Finally I arrived at the platform, where I saw the PED's. Where I saw a modern Underground line......

At Sydenham (southeast London) where I had my B&B they advised me to go to the LTM, and so I did.

Since that day, I don't come to London for the trains, but for the underground aswell.

And If you want to know,

I'd like to do a challenge :wink:
travelpass
Zone 2

Post by travelpass »

geofftech wrote:Hello Donald! Yes, that's me with the bad haircit & stupid three-quarter length trousers.

If you want to see ANOTHER programme about it (with, er ... me in it again!) then head on over to:

http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tubechallenge/media2.htm

Where there are two WMV files that you can stream/download and play - i'm sure you'd like it!
Those are very interresting programmes, thanks for showing me the link!

You can very close in that attempt, how did it fell to miss out by only 4 minutes, yet at the same time, beat your own personal record?
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

The JLE wrote: Where I saw a modern Underground line......
You saw a modern Underground line?! Where can it be seen, and how far is it from London?! :wink:
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk