Our Chosen Football Teams......

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
waterloo and city
Zone 3

Our Chosen Football Teams......

Post by waterloo and city »

That we support. :)

I have more than 1 team I support. Here's the list. ;)

Manchester United (Premiership)
Cardiff City (Championship)
Watford (Championship)
Morecambe (League 2)
Histon (Blue Square Premier)

And my (decent) local team

Bishops Stortford FC (Blue Square South)

What's your supported team(s)?

Adam. (Allez Les Blues!) :D

Adam.
Adam Jones

A would-be Tube Challenger, maybe one day...
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Re: Our Chosen Football Teams......

Post by Sam »

How Bizarre!! I'm an avid Yeovil Town fan, have been for years... it is my home town and I was brought up a green and white :D

Also, I go up to St James Park now and again to watch Newcastle United, whilst I also venture over to the Netherlands to watch PSV Eindhoven. :)

Haven't been for a while but also enjoy going to watch East Stirlingshire in the Scottish 3rd division.

and you thought you were odd ;)
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
perkyperky
Zone 6

Post by perkyperky »

Okay.
Arsenal.
Hertha Berlin (Rock bottom of the Bundesliga).
Arminia Bielefeld(3rd in Bundesliga 2).
Oxford United (knocked Yeovil out of the Cup!- Sorry Sam.)
Didcot Town(Won the FA Vase at White Hart Lane a few years ago, and wearing their home strip which bears an uncanny resemblance to Arsenal!-Sorry Geoff.)
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Arsenal (Premier)
Reading (Championship)
Exeter City (League one).... sorry Sam :-)
Worthing (Ryman 1 south)
Stenhousemuir (Scottish 2nd Division)

Arsenal I've supported since I was a kid. My brother-in-law supports Reading and we used to go and watch them play back in the 80's. Exeter are supported by the entire Brown family for no apparent reason. Worthing are my local team and I try to get to as many of their games as possible. Everyone has a Scottish team, usually Celtic or Rangers, I'm not a glory hunter and like to be a bit different!
One day I shall return!
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

QPR (Championship)
Kidderminster Harriers (Blue Square Premier)
St Mirren (SPL)

I feel somewhat lacking in not supporting a 'foreign' team. I suppose the closest I get would be my support for St Kilda in the AFL.
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

My main team's Gillingham, down in the doldrums of league one, because they're my local team and I've been going on and off for the last 15 years. I used to support Arsenal when growing up because at primary school they were the arbitrary team I picked - in the FA cup 3rd round in December 1999 I actually got to see an Arsenal game, decided I had much more fun at Priestfield and switched my allegiances. I still keep a look out for their scores and they're usually my chosen team on Fifa 10. I also keep an eye out for Ross County in the Scottish division 1 - chosen because they're the furthest team away from me without leaving this landmass - and Olympic Marseilles, because one of Gillingham's three famous ex-players (Tony Cascarino - the other two being Steve Bruce, and Marlon King who isn't famous for footballing reasons) used to play for them.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Soupy - Stenhousemuir?! The biggest rivals of my Scottish side, East Stirling. I actually work with an ardent Stenny fan, he pretty much travels up to Scotland every weekend to watch them, as well as being one of the webmasters for their official site. My reason for supporting the Shire is that everyone loves the underdog, so I started following their results when they were going through their absolutely diabolical seasons of winning around three games a season. Been up there a couple of times too, it's a good crowd.

My main team though is the mighty Dagenham and Redbridge. I can comment on almost everyone else above me through the Daggers too:

Waterloo and city - Morecambe away in our Conference play-off season (2003), semi-final, 2nd leg, is still one of my favourite ever away games - having won the 1st leg 2-1, going 2-0 down in the 2nd leg late on, thinking we were out of it until up steps Paul Terry to score from 25 odd yards, extra time and penalties ensue, Robbo our keeper getting hoisted on our shoulders following his penalty saving heroics.

Sam - Yeovil, don't think I really need to explain that one!

perkyperky - Oxford. Another of my favourite away games in our Conference winning season (oh, but wait, did Oxford have the league sown up by Christmas? ;)), a game with more emotions that I think I have ever felt in a single match. Also given one of my favourite football quotes by an Oxford fan - "If this was a boxing match, the referee would have stopped it by now. Conference champions = Oxford United." - posted by an Oxford fan on our forum around Christmas time when Oxford were about 14 points clear at the top of the table. How that quote got thrown back in his face!

Soupy - discussed Stenhousemuir above (I know, not a Daggers connection, though I have seen us play Exeter a fair few times over the years!)

al - Kidderminster away still provides the best goal I have ever witnessed - Paul Benson scoring from the corner flag, was truly amazing.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pGWe8P23Nk

jamesthegill - please, please, please take Adam Miller back!!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well for me its no contest Liverpool all the way premiership
i have always followed Wolves as well because of father Sara is an ardent Southampton supporter follow Bournemouth in the 2nd and doing better then the daggers this year :lol: .

Tampere United whose ground is lovely and good bars around there as well.
Kilmarnock and Motherwell are the scottish teams i also support Celtic but only when Rangers are winning.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Steeevooo wrote:jamesthegill - please, please, please take Adam Miller back!!
Not a chance! We've got people stationed at the Dartford and Blackwall tunnels and at Ebbsfleet International in case you try and sneak him back across the border :D
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

The only team I really support are Fulham.
Last edited by Root on 19 Aug 2012, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Cardiff City ;)
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Lillywhites! COYS!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Premier League; West Ham
Championship; Reading
League 1; Exeter City (sorry Sam :wink: )
Scotland; Celtic
Ryman Premier league; Ashford Town (Middlesex)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
jbom
Zone 3

Post by jbom »

Norwich City
Histon (BSP)

Still haven't really got a team up here in Scotland.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Hayes and Yeading

Quite like a bit of Millwall too.