What have I missed?

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
palkanetoijala31

Re: What have I missed?

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Steeevooo wrote:Thanks for filling me in guys!

I did indeed see your change in marital status Neil, I'm pretty sure I mentioned it on your facebook at the time, but many congratulations :)

So the Flying Finn is still flying around the tube then - how many attempts/completions/records are you on now Andi?! Its my 17th attempt August 28th 2009 care to support :wink:

Sounds as though there has been a good few alternative challenges happening - who won the Z1 this year? And starting the R15 at Aldwych? That's an interesting one - how does that work exactly, or have the "rules" changed since I was last here? me and garion Allen won zone 1 despite claims of fixing in a time which rocketed me up 50 positions in zone 1 times

There haven't been any more Tube Challenge entries into quizzes etc then?
palkanetoijala31

Going Underground wrote:Leave me alone :cry: :cry:
It was a team effort and u did well on the day its a shame i couldnt shout the answer to u on that 1 being a liverpool supporter.
palkanetoijala31

Sam wrote:Andi and Garion won zone one, which is a bit of a farce seens Andi organised the event..... :P
Was it also a farce the previous year wiv hakan then :?: i had the impetus to win the bar at the end :wink:
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Sam wrote:Andi and Garion won zone one, which is a bit of a farce seens Andi organised the event..... :P
Was it also a farce the previous year wiv hakan then :?: i had the impetus to win the bar at the end :wink:
I don't know for I did not attend the previous year :D
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

scrxisi wrote:Just watched it again hehe. Antony's round just cracks me up for no apparent reason. "Oh I dunno, I'll guess at Owen Wilson" lol.

Didn't remember Andi serenading the Eggheads with that chicken song. Even Judith smiled. I think she likes you :) she was very chatty bit too old for me though all though i wouldnt mind her money

And I was being a little harsh Kev. I hardly answered any did I? :)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
You'll notice that when Geoff and I organised Zone 1 we didn't win, which makes us the most trustworthy and least corrupt organisers.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Only because I was too fast.

Unless that was a different year... :?
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

tubeguru wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:
You'll notice that when Geoff and I organised Zone 1 we didn't win, which makes us the most trustworthy and least corrupt organisers.
Don't forget Ewan!
I can't remember who organised it the year after you and Geoff? Don't remember them winning either
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

IIRC, this is the list of organisers and winners.

Organiser: Ewan
Winner: Steve Paull

Organiser: Geoff and Neil
Winner: Håkan Wolgé and Patrick Sillén

Organiser: Ric & David
Winner: Ric Brackenbury, David Scard and Andrew Baker

Organiser: The Brown's
Winner: John Stark

Organiser: HÃ¥kan & Co.
Winner: Håkan Wolgé, Patrick Sillén and Lars Andersson

Organiser: Andi
Winner Andi James & Garion Allen

So by my calculations, the organiser has won three times out of a possible six, in 06,08 and 09.
palkanetoijala31

Isnt technically John Starkey a surrogate Brown family member :?: that make 4 out of 6
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

We consider all tube challengers to be surrogate Browns. And if there are'nt enough Browns already we've started cloning ourselves i.e. Phil Brown mkII
One day I shall return!
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

As long as I don't act in a clone like manner I'm more than happy to be classed the head of the surrogate Brown family!
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Cheers for filling me in guys, sorry that this thread appears to have gone rather off topic into allegations of match fixing :wink:
Dependent on if I can get time off work or not I may be up for the CiN event, would be good to see you all again! Seems that the current record is proving to be a tough nut to crack then, I'm sure that Andi has had enough attempts to better it :P
palkanetoijala31

Steeevooo wrote:Cheers for filling me in guys, sorry that this thread appears to have gone rather off topic into allegations of match fixing :wink:
Dependent on if I can get time off work or not I may be up for the CiN event, would be good to see you all again! Seems that the current record is proving to be a tough nut to crack then, I'm sure that Andi has had enough attempts to better it :P
i have had 9 attempts to better it (1 wasnt really for me but for cameras 1 i got lost doing something havent done before and once the network shut down completely the other 6 were reasonably good times unlucky on some occasions)