Who Are You? Tell Us!

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Anrol
Zone 1

Re: Who Are You? Tell Us!

Post by Anrol »

tubeguru wrote:Shit, it's the wife!
Hmm, right then, that's the first naughty word I've come across so I'll have to punish you later.
Going Underground wrote: So how aware are TfL staff members of tube challenging and what is their view on it?
I honestly don't know but I did mention it quitely last year to one of my colleagues and decided not to say anything about it again after the response I got!
palkanetoijala31 wrote:Mrs Tubeguru if u work for tfl who is the miserable baldy jobsworth b**tard who works at Aldgate east.?Whom obviously thinks he runs the whole company. :?:
Don't they all? :D I work in a completely different area, Lost Property Office, so don't have a lot to do with miserable baldy jobsworth b**tards that work for TfL, I just have to put up with the miserable baldy b**tards that come in moaning that we haven't found the property they lost.
I do think unpunctuality is a vile habit, and all my life I have tried to break myself of it.
Winston Churchill
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Anrol wrote:
tubeguru wrote:Shit, it's the wife!
Hmm, right then, that's the first naughty word I've come across so I'll have to punish you later.
Lucky Neil..... :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Is the only reason that they don't like Tube Challengers all the running around and bumping into people that we (except me) do?
Anrol
Zone 1

Post by Anrol »

Starkey7 wrote:Is the only reason that they don't like Tube Challengers all the running around and bumping into people that we (except me) do?
There are plenty of people running around bumping into others who aren't tube challengers so no, it's not that. They just don't understand the desire to run around the tube network visiting all the stations because they see the tube as a means of getting from A to B and nothing else, to them it's not a playground, it's not something to be respected, it's just another means of getting to work and that's it. Tube challengers are therefore seen in a similar light as trainspotters (and there's nothing wrong with those either) and are considered nothing more than geeks.
I do think unpunctuality is a vile habit, and all my life I have tried to break myself of it.
Winston Churchill
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Anrol wrote:Hi, I'm Lorna and I see I'm also known as Mrs Tubeguru! I've been lurking infrequently for some time now and thought it was about time I joined up.

I was born in Gloucestershire and moved to London just over a year ago after getting fed up with driving here every weekend. I work for TfL finding stuff and love it, did you ever get your camera back Antony?
Thanks for asking but no it never did turn up, it was probably stolen by a miserable baldy b**tard.
One day I shall return!
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Oh right, so it's not that we're disliked so much as they just don't see what the fuss is about.
Anrol
Zone 1

Post by Anrol »

Soup Dragon wrote: Thanks for asking but no it never did turn up, it was probably stolen by a miserable baldy b**tard.
It's a shame but you're probably right.
Starkey7 wrote:Oh right, so it's not that we're disliked so much as they just don't see what the fuss is about.
Quite, it holds no fasination for them.
Winston Churchill
RoboSparkle
Zone 1

Post by RoboSparkle »

Hi there, I'm Ian Green, also known as the Stopwatch from the current record. I've been Steve's stopwatch for an earlier attempt as well, but this time he's got me to join the forum and meet all of you!

I live in Romford, Essex, and spend a lot of my time drinking and/or dancing. I also play darts (badly), snooker (badly), and pool (flukily). I'm also into computer games and puzzles, so expect to see my version of Cryptic Stations soon :D

Nice to meet you!
Physics jokes give me a massive hadron.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

I must add that Ian above is referring to the provisional record set by Andi, Tangy and myself, and not the current official record held by Andi and joy54!

Welcome to the forum mate! :D
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

RoboSparkle wrote:I also play darts (badly), snooker (badly), and pool (flukily).
My favourite way of playing pool (and the other two, to be honest...) :wink: :D
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Welcome Ian, you should fit in well and be in good company being a "bad" darts player... :P
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Says you... "Mr Darts"
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

I reckon even we could beat this guy!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 440534.stm
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Strange one that he hit a couple of 60's which you would have thought would settled him down and then it all went pants again :!:
SARAWEARN
Zone 1

Post by SARAWEARN »

Well im watching the darts every day Paul Carter & family from Bransgore whom i have met and played with so the best of luck to him in the championship.

Im practicing hard on my doubles and getting some good high scores i have heard andi talking about a winter olympics so i presume there will be a few darts after the events.