Who Are You? Tell Us!

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Steeevooo
All Zones

Re: Who Are You? Tell Us!

Post by Steeevooo »

Having an almighty weekend piss up in Bristol around our last game in the Football League vs Rovers...
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Steeevooo wrote:Having an almighty weekend piss up in Bristol around our last game in the Football League vs Rovers...
Dag & Red fan?
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Nope. East Stirlingshire fan.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Steeevooo wrote:Nope. East Stirlingshire fan.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Tube Geek wrote:I'm Euan, 11, from Portishead near Bristol. I support City so if there are any Rovers fans on there (not just on here - in the world!) then screw you! :wink:
I LOVE the Tube and have already got about 5 routes for the Challenge, only one of which is (I think!) a record. I annoy everyone with my Underground knowledge. This is the top I'm wearing today! WIN_20160403_154658.JPG

My favourite colour is red, and I like Ham & Pineapple Pizza!
Are you writing a biography of me? (but I hate football)
  • I LOVE the Tube
  • I annoy everyone with my Underground knowledge
  • My favourite colour is red
  • I like (love) Ham & Pineapple Pizza!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Creepy! Are we related or something?!!!!

COYR
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Tube Geek wrote:Creepy! Are we related or something?!!!!
if not its the start of a beautiful friendship
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

A Challenge wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:I'm Euan, 11, from Portishead near Bristol. I support City so if there are any Rovers fans on there (not just on here - in the world!) then screw you! :wink:
I LOVE the Tube and have already got about 5 routes for the Challenge, only one of which is (I think!) a record. I annoy everyone with my Underground knowledge. This is the top I'm wearing today! WIN_20160403_154658.JPG

My favourite colour is red, and I like Ham & Pineapple Pizza!
Are you writing a biography of me? (but I hate football)
  • I LOVE the Tube
  • I annoy everyone with my Underground knowledge
  • My favourite colour is red
  • I like (love) Ham & Pineapple Pizza!
Tube Geek wrote:Creepy! Are we related or something?!!!!
Bone of them are controlled by genetics, so I don't think it is, although quite a bit of our family comes from Bristol (and came there from being Agricultural Laborers in North Somerset.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

Hi All :)

Elsie checking in. I'm 49 & a happily married (almost 25 years!) parent to 3 kids aged 21, 19 & 18. I've always had a love of trains, trans and the underground but it's only now that I have a little spare time that I can enjoy them more often. When ever I get to visit London (which is not that often), one of the highlights is riding the tube. The last time I was there my other (better?!) Half couldn't believe how excited I was to ride a new S8 Metroploitan Line train!

I was born in Uxbridge on the (former) RAF base and my parents told me that we did use the underground - but we left to move to Leicester when I was 5 so I don't remember it at all. I now live in NE Derbyshire, work in Nottinghamshire and still support Leicester City - so the last few years of success has been a lot of fun banter with the locals. My wife got a job a year ago that has her visiting London 3-4 times a month and it's hearing about her journeys, to places I''ve never been on the tube, that has really spurred me on to visit again. I simply can't have her clocking up more tube miles/stations than I have! I guess, in a weird way, it's jealousy of her exploits that have brought me here.

I've never done a tube challenge but I've been inspired by reading about them and watching others escapades online. At the end of August I've got a pass out and am planning 2 days just for riding the lines I've not done before ... and ... I am going to attempt the Zone 1 challenge but as it will be my first attempt AND it's the Nottinghill Carnival, I'm not expecting anything spectacular! I intend to write a report after I've done it and I'll post it after.

Take care

Andrew

PS. Why the name Elsie? I've been playing online for years and used the name 'Leicester City'. This got shortened to people calling me Leicester ... then LC ... which became Elsie. It confuses some when they're expecting a female and my hulking, unshaven face pops up.
Elsie
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Neil - I'd suggest you just delete all of the completely off-topic posts from this thread from the last few days (including this one) - i.e. pretty much everything since Elsie's original post, with the exception of the couple of serious posts raised...this thread has diverged far too much from it's purpose.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Steeevooo wrote:Neil - I'd suggest you just delete all of the completely off-topic posts from this thread from the last few days (including this one) - i.e. pretty much everything since Elsie's original post, with the exception of the couple of serious posts raised...this thread has diverged far too much from it's purpose.
I agree entirely with this. I've deleted all of the posts since Elsie's original. If anyone wants to argue about why anything multiplied by zero is zero then do it in Off-Topic chat.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

tubeguru wrote:
Steeevooo wrote:Neil - I'd suggest you just delete all of the completely off-topic posts from this thread from the last few days (including this one) - i.e. pretty much everything since Elsie's original post, with the exception of the couple of serious posts raised...this thread has diverged far too much from it's purpose.
I agree entirely with this. I've deleted all of the posts since Elsie's original. If anyone wants to argue about why anything multiplied by zero is zero then do it in Off-Topic chat.
Surely my original post (after his) is serious and on-topic?!

COYR
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Tube Geek wrote:
tubeguru wrote:
Surely my original post (after his) is serious and on-topic?!
I've got no idea what it was now. Post it in the relevant topic!
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Jamie Rawson
Zone 1

Post by Jamie Rawson »

Name is Jamie from Warwickshire. Not yet attempted the tube challenge, but hope to soon.
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Jamie Rawson wrote:Name is Jamie from Warwickshire. Not yet attempted the tube challenge, but hope to soon.
Brief but explains enough. Perfect!

COYR