London Guild of Assassins

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

London Guild of Assassins

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Myself and Tpfkar (Ric) will be setting up the London Guild of Assassins this September/October, with the first game starting in October and continuing through to mid-December.

Assassins is a game whereby players attempt to "kill" other players using rubber band guns, water pistols, "poison" (Vaseline), cardboard knives etc, and is usually played over the course of a couple of months.

For more info on the rules, visit the LGA Website at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/debnron/assassins .

If you're interested in participating, email houseofsteel@hotmail.com and we'll add you to the Assassins mailing list. Alternatively, PM me or Ric, or post in this thread! I thought that seeing as we're all relatively strange types, it might be likely that we'd gain some players through these forums.

Ric will be umpiring the first game, and being a veteran of the established Cambridge Guild, he knows what he is doing!

I understand that in the current climate, there may have to be further restrictions placed on the realism of weapons!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

Dear god, that sounds highly amusing!

If only I didn't share a house with those damned parents...
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

Nutteronabus wrote:If only I didn't share a house with those damned parents...
I share a house with an assassin: http://www.shef.ac.uk/ags/Dossiers/weekendwarrior.htm
What would I know? - I'm from Yorkshire for starters...
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

I've been quiet open minded about everything that happened today.

But guys, this WAS the wrong day to post information about this.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I know, I know, but nobody died today. If we're to carry on as normal, then we shall carry on as normal.

Chris - even if you do live with parents, it should still be possible to join in...
tpfkar
Zone 4

Post by tpfkar »

Hi folks.

I have to agree with moley that this wasn't a great day to announce this, and we need to let things settle down before seeing if it's smart to go ahead with this.

Not being afraid doesn't mean blindly carrying on as before. However if things do calm down, the idea is to see if a London-wide game would work in the same way a uni-based one does (even if we seriously have to water some ideas down), and it should be good fun.

As to whether I know what I'm doing, I'll leave the jury out on that one ;)

Ric
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

OK everyone, the London Guild of Assassins is heading towards the start of the first game at some point during October.

Unfortunately, Ric has had to leave the team, but if needs be I shall umpire the game (unless anyone else could volunteer).

Nevertheless, the Imperial Freshers Fair should bring the Guild a good few more players.

The rules have been adjusted to make them more London-specific.

To express interest in playing, email houseofsteel@hotmail.com
To view the website including rules, click http://homepage.ntlworld.com/debnron/assassins

Remember - the aim of the game is simply to have fun.