amount of non existant members

Your comments and suggestions on this forum are welcome here
User avatar
moley
Site Administrator
Posts: 1906
Joined: 07 May 2005, 12:38
Location: Portsmouth
Contact:

Post by moley » 04 Dec 2007, 12:45

Don't credit me - up until now it has been all Neil, i've just provided the webspace!

palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 09 Dec 2007, 12:46

due to the rainy horrible conditions i obviously had too much time on my hands apart from sven 945 last genuine member these are the member numbers who have had 0 or 1 posts made apologies too any person i put on this list who is genuine and just likes reading posts but not making
if so then make ur voice heard or at least say u r genuine member.

members 123&124
members 129-132
member 139
members 144&145
member 150
members 153&154
members 156-348
members 350-527

those are the ones with the 0 posts i think its a cunning plan by the ex w***** for kicking him off by flooding it

there are quite a few with just 1 post as well mainly ranging from member 20 to member 155 come on u know who u r not saying u r not genuine just be nice to hear something

sven945
Zone 2
Posts: 54
Joined: 10 Nov 2007, 00:42

Post by sven945 » 09 Dec 2007, 14:25

palkanetoijala31 wrote:due to the rainy horrible conditions i obviously had too much time on my hands apart from sven 945 last genuine member these are the member numbers who have had 0 or 1 posts made apologies too any person i put on this list who is genuine and just likes reading posts but not making
if so then make ur voice heard or at least say u r genuine member.

members 123&124
members 129-132
member 139
members 144&145
member 150
members 153&154
members 156-348
members 350-527

those are the ones with the 0 posts i think its a cunning plan by the ex w***** for kicking him off by flooding it

there are quite a few with just 1 post as well mainly ranging from member 20 to member 155 come on u know who u r not saying u r not genuine just be nice to hear something
Can you please start using full stops? It's a nightmare to try and work out what you're saying.

As for members who haven't posted at all, they'll probably mostly be spambots (it's inevitable with phpBB forums, unless you tank them up with antispam measures. I can't remember if this forum has any), or people who simply haven't posed. Does it really matter though? On really old/overloaded servers a large database could cause the forum to slow down or cause errors, but I've not noticed any problems here.

I'm admin on a forum with over 11,000 members and only 432 posts have made over 10 posts and that doesn't cause any problems at all.

palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 09 Dec 2007, 14:52

the written english is getting better. Did u know that english is one of the most easiest languages to learn vocally but one of the worst to write.

And thats why i am trying very hard to get it right.

i do still think that when the downtime comes along a clearout is overdue.

sven945
Zone 2
Posts: 54
Joined: 10 Nov 2007, 00:42

Post by sven945 » 09 Dec 2007, 15:59

palkanetoijala31 wrote:the written english is getting better. Did u know that english is one of the most easiest languages to learn vocally but one of the worst to write.

And thats why i am trying very hard to get it right.

i do still think that when the downtime comes along a clearout is overdue.
Aah, sorry. I didn't realise that English wasn't your first language. The words are mostly fine, it's just that the lack of punctuation makes things difficult to read quickly.

I'm not sure what the plans are during the downtime, but it would be very time consuming and tedious to delete huge numbers of users using this forum software, and I can't see how it would create any benefits.

User avatar
moley
Site Administrator
Posts: 1906
Joined: 07 May 2005, 12:38
Location: Portsmouth
Contact:

Post by moley » 10 Dec 2007, 12:09

Plans during downtime from my previous post...
moley wrote: ... to achieve the following:

- Change the server hosting the forum
- Upgrade the forum software
- Clear out the non-legitimate accounts

So be patient and by the new year the forum will be back ready for 2008 (and hopefully working a bit quicker as well)....

User avatar
moley
Site Administrator
Posts: 1906
Joined: 07 May 2005, 12:38
Location: Portsmouth
Contact:

Post by moley » 27 Dec 2007, 23:51

Forum updates will now happen in early 2008.

Seasons Greatings

User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8868
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re:

Post by tubeguru » 06 Feb 2008, 20:26

moley wrote:Don't credit me - up until now it has been all Neil, i've just provided the webspace!
And then I bugger off and leave it to you for a bit :)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2017
Member of sweet FA

User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8868
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: amount of non existant members

Post by tubeguru » 04 Sep 2008, 15:30

OK, time for a clear up of all the accounts that have registered and not posted in the last six months.

The following have been deleted:

ajb
ianfitzgibbon
beth denny
purple
andreak
john price
pilotadverran
rickbraduk
joseph1990
capital citykid
tak
zomotoec

Waste of space all of you!
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2017
Member of sweet FA

User avatar
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 7911
Joined: 11 Apr 2006, 11:24
Location: Down in a tube station at midnight.
Contact:

Re: amount of non existant members

Post by Going Underground » 04 Sep 2008, 15:35

tubeguru wrote:OK, time for a clear up of all the accounts that have registered and not posted in the last six months.

The following have been deleted:

beth denny

Waste of space all of you!

Shame she was very fit / tidy :D :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold

User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8868
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: amount of non existant members

Post by tubeguru » 04 Sep 2008, 15:39

She didn't even use the forum once. I assume you must have met her in real life to form that conclusion?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2017
Member of sweet FA

User avatar
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 7911
Joined: 11 Apr 2006, 11:24
Location: Down in a tube station at midnight.
Contact:

Re: amount of non existant members

Post by Going Underground » 04 Sep 2008, 15:53

Indeed I think it was on GWR II or III, student at Brunel in Uxbridge, Yorkshire lass I think. She had been doing some physio at a hosptial somwhere East London Way and was heading back to Uni...... Soup Dragon knows the full griff..... :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold

User avatar
Dr Who
Zone 6
Posts: 709
Joined: 03 Jun 2006, 20:58
Location: Staines
Contact:

Re: amount of non existant members

Post by Dr Who » 04 Sep 2008, 16:10

Going Underground wrote:Shame she was very fit / tidy :D :D
'very fit' :shock: you must be joking she looked like a beaver & she had teeth like elephants tusks. :?

User avatar
tubeguru
Site Administrator
Posts: 8868
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 22:08
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: amount of non existant members

Post by tubeguru » 04 Sep 2008, 16:16

I should have kept her email address so you could all have emailed her ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2017
Member of sweet FA

palkanetoijala31

Re: amount of non existant members

Post by palkanetoijala31 » 04 Sep 2008, 16:18

Matt needs it the most its been a long time without female company for him. :(

Post Reply