Tube Olympics 2008

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Olympics 2008

Post by Soup Dragon »

I think for the R15 we would exclude the stations with line closures on the weekend in question.
One day I shall return!
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

Sorry to sound inexperienced but what is an R15?
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

mullardo wrote:Sorry to sound inexperienced but what is an R15?
It's a "Random 15" = 15 stations within Z1 & Z2 normally randomly generated by computer programme. Only the starting station is know the other 14 are not.....
Everyone meets at the starting station and the envelope with the 15 stations in is opened at the same time all the teams start their watches.....
You then have to work out a route to visit all 15 in the fastest time........
Great fun.... :mrgreen:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

OK the Tube Olympics sub-committee has voted and The Mouse Challenge is out.
We now reschedule the Random 15 challenge for the Saturday and replace the Mouse with a DLR. Everyone happy :?:
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

gasman wrote:Bear in mind that Tower Gateway will be closed by then, which raises the question of whether you could do a 'proper' DLR challenge. (In fact, it looks like June might be the last chance to do the DLR in its current configuration, as Woolwich Arsenal is due to open before TG reopens...)
No it would not be for a record, just for the glory of being the Olympic DLR Champion!
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Glad to hear it im quite happy being a DLR record holder
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Soup Dragon wrote:OK the Tube Olympics sub-committee has voted and The Mouse Challenge is out.
We now reschedule the Random 15 challenge for the Saturday and replace the Mouse with a DLR. Everyone happy :?:
No.

But I'm just being difficult, sounds good :D
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
palkanetoijala31

I definately do the R15 looking forward to that 1 and the full challenge and maybe take the friday off so i can do the piss up ceremony as well.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Would it be possible to move the full network attempt back to Friday 25th July as this would mean that I don't have to book 2 days holiday..... I don't know how this suits everyone else that is planning on taking part?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Sorry, I'd personally rather not move it.
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

I too would rather keep it as well purely because it is a GWR attempt and I realise Friday isn't that bad but I still feel that it is better on Thursday, but I have no objections to Friday in any other way as in I'm not busy on that day.
palkanetoijala31

i hope i get the day off curry favour with boss im owed it especially as im working monday when i could be tearing round the underground system.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Just a couple of points that we discussed with regard to the evening bottle and especially the Z1.....

As we won't be meeting up until around 6.30 - 7pm this doesn't allow much time to meet / draw a starting station / head off there and re-group and plan a route etc......

So we will probably adopt the formula used on Z1 day whereby each team can nominate 2 x starting stations by means of PM and then the starting station will be drawn and announced a couple of days in advance.....

I think for all evening Z1's we have done previously the meeting/starting station has always been known in advance for this reason......
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

I would prefer to keep the full network on the Thursday, like Matt I will be going hardcore and working on Friday.
One day I shall return!
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Just to let you know where I stand on this:

I will probably not take part in any event, but if I have the time and the cash, I will try and do the Full Network challenge, as a farewell to the tube for a while before I probably move abroad.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings