Bottling it

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
tpfkar
Zone 4

Bottling it

Post by tpfkar »

Hi everyone.
I've been attempting the bottle a few times in recent weeks (What I didn't say on May 20th was that I injured my knee by trying to run hard on it already slightly injured trying to complete the bottle on this route!)

Last Weds I made several attempts, but got screwed at Aldgate time and time again, with nothing going there, and trains just sitting there when they did. I tried again yesterday however, and it went very well :)

I had to wait 3 minutes for a Circle Line train to Aldgate, which only waited 2 minutes before the beautiful green light....

The only bit of the route I'd changed was doing Marylebone + Edgware Road (B).
The last part of my route was:
Tottenham Court Road-Warren Street
Run to Euston Square
Euston Square-great Portland Street
Run to regents park
regents park-Edgware Road(B)
Run to Edgware Road (Ci/D/H+C)
Edgware Road-Bayswater.

I left Edgware Road at about 1:56, hoping to go under 2 hours. departed Paddington at 1:58:30, at 1:59:30 they're announcing Bayswater, 1:59:50 entering station, 1:59:55 slowing........as soon as the doors opened I put my foot on the platform and stopped the timer......at 2 HOURS and 3 SECONDS. Grrrrrr......but still a great run.

Is this a record or have people beaten 2 hours?
I admit I'd tried this a few times, but the route took 5 mins to plan, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has beaten 2 hours.

Now do I feel like having another go at the full challenge in all this sunshine? Tricky.....

Ric.