London Football Ground Challenge - for Sport Relief

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here

What form should the Challenge take?

Poll ended at 15 Jan 2008, 22:31

Everyone should complete the challenge in one large group
71%
The challenge should be done in teams of at least 3 people
7%
The challenge can be done by individuals (or larger teams)
14%
I don't care, I wont be taking pary!
7%

Total votes: 14

petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

jonny wrote:I think Crystal Palace (Selhurst Park) is next to the Arena tramlink stop (and also very near Croydon Town FC, if for some reason you know where that is)
Croydon Town FC doesnt exist. Its either Croydon FC (Kent Premier League), who play at said Arena (not exactly close to Palace) or Croydon Athletic FC (Isthmian 1 South) who play at Mayfields, again not really that close. Thornton Heath is one of the best stops for Palace IIRC
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

petermiller36 wrote:
jonny wrote:I think Crystal Palace (Selhurst Park) is next to the Arena tramlink stop (and also very near Croydon Town FC, if for some reason you know where that is)
Croydon Town FC doesnt exist. Its either Croydon FC (Kent Premier League), who play at said Arena (not exactly close to Palace) or Croydon Athletic FC (Isthmian 1 South) who play at Mayfields, again not really that close. Thornton Heath is one of the best stops for Palace IIRC
Agreed we always get off at Thornton Heath to see the "Glaziers" :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
ping pon
Zone 4

Post by ping pon »

As some people think watford is a london club and others dont i hink we sould create a poll :D
One has lost the game !!!!!
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Pete Miller = statto.

Loving ping pon's [sic] signature at the moment!
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

petermiller36 wrote:
Fine. It was Croydon FC then. If anyone can find anything correct about my above post, please reply below :?
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Arena is indeed a Tram stop! :D
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

:D
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

I agree Matt, anyway since I'm organising the event I say that Watford is in... end of... :)

Now all we need to do is agree if we are doing this as one large team or racing against each other. I have added a few poll options.
Last edited by Soup Dragon on 02 Jan 2008, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
One day I shall return!
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

Soup Dragon wrote:I agree Matt, anyway since I'm organising the event I sat that Watford is in... end of... :)
But, Ref...! :D
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Seeing as i am a qualified referee in this country as well as Finland (trying telling people over there the match is off because of snow/weather conditions) Soup Dragon should be lord and master and have the final say.Its almost like he is the Football Manager and we are his players to do his bidding.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

Starkey7 wrote:Pete Miller = statto.

Loving ping pon's [sic] signature at the moment!
Damn skippy I am! Football is my love. I dont know EVERTHING about it, but quite a far bit. bit lucky you were talking about Non-League and locations of ground. :)
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

While in London the other day logging and reading the free papers at the time
i read the sports page and it states Watford is a london club.Just interested where we would have the starting position from may i suggest either Charlton or Watford.
jbom1

Post by jbom1 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:While in London the other day logging and reading the free papers at the time
i read the sports page and it states Watford is a london club.Just interested where we would have the starting position from may i suggest either Charlton or Watford.
Well (obviously) there's no simple right answer to whether Watford is "a London club". Certainly their ground lies outside Greater London, but they are often considered a London club for the purposes of London's local TV or radio stations, or indeed newspapers, who will cover their matches. Since Watford is accessible by Underground, their inclusion in this challenge seems reasonable.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:While in London the other day logging and reading the free papers at the time
Mind you, one of those papers also lists Gillingham in their London club section (and I have a clipping from the Metro about two all-London games in the League Cup, one of which is cited as Watford - Gillingham). So I don't think they're that accurate a barometer.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

For the purposes of this challenge, London is classed as any league ground that can be visited using a zone 1-9 travelcard, therefore Wtaford is in and sorry James.... Gillingham is out :)
One day I shall return!