London Football Ground Challenge - for Sport Relief

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here

What form should the Challenge take?

Poll ended at 15 Jan 2008, 22:31

Everyone should complete the challenge in one large group
71%
The challenge should be done in teams of at least 3 people
7%
The challenge can be done by individuals (or larger teams)
14%
I don't care, I wont be taking pary!
7%

Total votes: 14

Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

London Football Ground Challenge - for Sport Relief

Post by Soup Dragon »

I am currently in the process of organising a challenge for Sport Relief, which takes place on 14th-16th March 2008. The idea of the Challenge will be to visit all 14 London football league grounds in one day by using public transport. There are a couple of ways this could be done, either as a race between teams or one large group going around together. A couple of ideas to make it more fun could include having to wear the shirt of your favourite team and all people doing the challenge having to complete a round of "keepsie upsie" outside each ground before we can move on to the next.

The clubs that need to be visited are:
PREMIER LEAGUE
Arsenal (H)
Chelsea
Fulham (H)
Spurs
West Ham (H)
CHAMPIONSHIP
Charlton
Crystal Palace (H)
QPR (H)
Watford (H)
LEAGUE 1
Leyton Orient
Millwall (H)
LEAGUE 2
Barnet (H)
Brentford
Dagenham & Redbridge
(H) indicates team playing at home weekend of 15th/16th March

If anyone would be interested in taking part or has any good ideas of what else we could do during the challenge please let me know. Also what day would people prefer to do the challenge, Friday, Saturday or Sunday?
Last edited by Soup Dragon on 01 Jan 2008, 22:32, edited 3 times in total.
One day I shall return!
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

hmmm, an interesting challenge. And it could be followed up by, for example, every football club in steps 1 to 4, or something for next year.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Re: London Football Ground Challenge - for Sport Relief

Post by jamesthegill »

Soup Dragon wrote:A couple of ideas to make it more fun could include having to wear the shirt of your favourite team
Soup Dragon wrote:Millwall (H)
Call me a ponce, but I'll pass ta.
ping pon
Zone 4

Post by ping pon »

I think this sounds like a great challenge
One has lost the game !!!!!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Ok Soupie i be up for this challenge just 2 questions be nice to have a map where all the football grounds are in relation to their nearest tube/train station.And can u wear a LIVERPOOL shirt
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Ok Soupie i be up for this challenge just 2 questions be nice to have a map where all the football grounds are in relation to their nearest tube/train station.And can u wear a LIVERPOOL shirt
You can wear whatever shirt you like. Ping Pon will probably be wearing his Man Utd shirt whereas I will be wearing my Arsenal shirt.

jamesthegill wrote:Call me a ponce, but I'll pass ta.
James you're a big sissy, besides which there is no guarantee that we will be anywhere near Millwall during the game, and if we are you'll have Kevin in his West Ham shirt to help you out! :)
One day I shall return!
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

I have a huge collection of Gillingham shirts should anyone need to borrow one!!! :P
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Likewise I have a few Dagenham & Redbridge shirts should anyone need/want to borrow one. If the Challenge goes ahead, it would preferably be on a Friday for me, will be in MK on the Saturday for sure. Sounds like a good idea though.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

This sounds very much like a mini version of the challenge i did in the summer for charity. visiting all 116 football grounds in the top 5 divisions in just 7 days. and we did football juggling outside each one as well! Here's the video from it in fact: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDnMxSn9 ... re=related

ENJOY!
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Actually, I'm off that weekend, and it sounds like a laugh...
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: London Football Ground Challenge - for Sport Relief

Post by Going Underground »

jamesthegill wrote:
Soup Dragon wrote:A couple of ideas to make it more fun could include having to wear the shirt of your favourite team
Soup Dragon wrote:Millwall (H)
Call me a ponce, but I'll pass ta.
Call me a ponce, but I'll wear my Celtic shirt and not West Ham :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

petermiller36 wrote:This sounds very much like a mini version of the challenge i did in the summer for charity. visiting all 116 football grounds in the top 5 divisions in just 7 days. and we did football juggling outside each one as well! Here's the video from it in fact: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDnMxSn9 ... re=related

ENJOY!
Gotta say Pete that is a brilliant achievement mate and great that so many clubs let you on the picth...... :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

well i found where most of the grounds are can someone help me out with Crystal Palace,Queens Park and Watford i cant seem to find on multimap
palkanetoijala31

found most of them now and have the nearest tube/train stations to them all.
I know Watford play at Vicarage road but i still cant find it.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

Off the top of my head... QPR - Loftus Road (or South Africa Road to be precise). Crystal Palace - Selhurst Park. Watford - Vicarage Road.

Most clubs didnt reply to the letters I sent out, but almost all of the clubs that were open (office hours normally) said we could go on pitchside (NOT ON THE PITCH!) when we explained what we were doing. there will be more videos to go along with the tour. I also have some of the memorabilia that the clubs donated if anyone is interested...