Alphabites

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Senji
Zone 3

Alphabites

Post by Senji »

So, being a Sad Git With No Life, I find myself short of things to do on the Bank Holiday, and my thoughts turn to Tube Challenges.

Well, I think, I could go down to London and have another go at the All Lines, lets just check TFL for engineering works. Oh, dear, the Circle Line is closed, as is the bit of the District that runs along side it.

Well, I think, what does that leave?

Hmm

Alphabet!

I now have an alphabet route that isn't the best possible (because of closed bits), but that could just about manage a new record if I get really lucky, and I confidently expect to do better than the other time posted. On the other hand I might wake up on Monday morning and thing "&^$% that for a lark, lets go back to sleep".

Anyway, if I do do it the attitude will be "have a bit of fun, get some general practice for Challenges". Thoughts anyone?
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I'm looking to do some more Challenges now that my exams are done (hurrah!) , but that also means I'm with my girlfriend, who may well not see the point in all this running about on trains...
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

Oh no my only record left may go.
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

When I see really lucky I do mean it -- no Tower Hill, and Westminster becomes a pain to get to from Victoria (I'm planning on Warren Street instead).

And, of course, if the tubes are acting like they are today, then I've got no hope!
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

As expected I came between the two existing times at 5h37m25s

Lowlights of the day include:
  • Leaving West Hampstead station in the wrong direction and thus missing a Jubilee line train
  • Narrowly missing an Uxbridge train when turning around at Farringdon
  • Narrowly missing the same Uxbridge train at Baker Street, by being inept at reading the station displays
  • 10 minute wait at Mile End
  • 8 minute wait for a Victoria Line train at Oxford Circus because an overheating passenger had pulled the communication cord
On the other hand, I think the time I got shows that the route is plausible, particularly if I can plug a more sane QRST section in (I assumed that I couldn't count Queensway (shut) for Q, but it wouldn't have helped in this case) and go to Westminster rather than Warren Street at the end.

I'm now wondering if I should post my photos or not (which give the complete route, of course).[/list]
Adham
Zone 4

Post by Adham »

If the official rules are followed for all alternative challenges and then altered where appropriate, then Queensway should count in this instance - you cannot start or finish there.
yayrabies

Post by yayrabies »

True