31st July - DLR 20th Anniversary Challenge

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
User avatar
Soup Dragon
All Zones
Posts: 2839
Joined: 22 May 2006, 21:15
Location: Worthing

Post by Soup Dragon » 09 Nov 2007, 00:35

James, I'm not surprised that you are keen to see DLR 21 go ahead next year. I guess you will be hoping to add to the two certificates that you managed to win at DLR 20? :wink:

I do hope that you got those certificates framed, they are almost as rare as Guinness certificates :)
One day I shall return!

User avatar
dudey
Zone 5
Posts: 590
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 21:24
Location: Kent/Portsmouth

Post by dudey » 09 Nov 2007, 15:11

i can't wait for DLRC II already. was my favourite challenge so far, what with the stunning views over the docklands and the lovely summery weather.

just wondering whether the network will be the same when it comes round to next july. are they actually working on the Woolwich Arsenal extension? i know we should definitely have Langdon Park then as well, which is bound to add a whole 30 seconds on! :P

User avatar
jamesthegill
All Zones
Posts: 1704
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 14:23
Location: Domus clamantium

Re: 31st July - DLR 20th Anniversary Challenge

Post by jamesthegill » 01 Aug 2017, 07:45

So, are we going to do a 30th anniversary DLR challenge, on the day it opened to the fare paying public (August 31st)?
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.

User avatar
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 8151
Joined: 11 Apr 2006, 11:24
Location: Down in a tube station at midnight.
Contact:

Re: 31st July - DLR 20th Anniversary Challenge

Post by Going Underground » 01 Aug 2017, 08:21

jamesthegill wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 07:45
So, are we going to do a 30th anniversary DLR challenge, on the day it opened to the fare paying public (August 31st)?
Sounds tempting but I will be doing the DLR on 12th August as part of the "Triple Crown"
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold

xcooler123
Zone 4
Posts: 341
Joined: 17 Jun 2015, 09:20
Location: Birmingham

Re: 31st July - DLR 20th Anniversary Challenge

Post by xcooler123 » 01 Aug 2017, 10:12

I am in London that day, however it is with family and I will be suited and booted (although I'm sure that hasn't stopped people in the past :lol: )
4 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
14 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
1st in Winter Tube Olympics 2018 (3 Golds)

User avatar
Steeevooo
All Zones
Posts: 1068
Joined: 14 Jul 2005, 11:23
Location: Rainham, Essex

Re: 31st July - DLR 20th Anniversary Challenge

Post by Steeevooo » 01 Aug 2017, 10:33

xcooler123 wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 10:12
I am in London that day, however it is with family and I will be suited and booted (although I'm sure that hasn't stopped people in the past :lol: )
I remember doing a Zone 1 event (or was it a Bottle?) whilst fully suited and booted and also carrying a rucksack fully laden with accounting textbooks :lol: Needless to say I wasn't making connections as swiftly as I would have liked!

User avatar
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 8151
Joined: 11 Apr 2006, 11:24
Location: Down in a tube station at midnight.
Contact:

Re: 31st July - DLR 20th Anniversary Challenge

Post by Going Underground » 01 Aug 2017, 11:45

Steeevooo wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 10:33
xcooler123 wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 10:12
I am in London that day, however it is with family and I will be suited and booted (although I'm sure that hasn't stopped people in the past :lol: )
I remember doing a Zone 1 event (or was it a Bottle?) whilst fully suited and booted and also carrying a rucksack fully laden with accounting textbooks :lol: Needless to say I wasn't making connections as swiftly as I would have liked!
Evening Z1 from TCR Tube Olympics??
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold

User avatar
Steeevooo
All Zones
Posts: 1068
Joined: 14 Jul 2005, 11:23
Location: Rainham, Essex

Re: 31st July - DLR 20th Anniversary Challenge

Post by Steeevooo » 01 Aug 2017, 12:14

That's the one!

Post Reply