35%
Didn't Take Part
29%

Total votes: 17

moley
Site Administrator

Zone 1 Challenge: Did Your Legs Hurt?

Post by moley »

Well, its the day after the morning before and for some of us that was more exercise than we would wish to have in a whole month let alone an afternoon.

But, did your legs hurt the following morning?

I know mine did - and haveing spoken to Neil, so did his and Geoff's.

What about Yours?
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Strangely enough, no! When I do a Challenge, they usually hurt much much more than they do today. Very bizarre! Maybe it was the extensive stretching that I did(n't do) before and during the run. Maybe it was the warm-down between Oxford Circus and the pub.

Maybe it was just that I didn't do the Russoodgell Street Square run (the first Zone 1 attempt in which I haven't executed this foolish manoeuvre!

Did any of the Top 3 use this run? I know G&N and the Swedes didn't... perhaps this proves that it is unnecessary.
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

'scuse me moley! my legs don't hurt!

they are ever so SLIGHTLY achey .. but i'm not in pain, and do stairs (both up and down) quite comfortably. i'm absoultely knackered and slept for 11 hours straight though.
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

Yes, my legs are hurting. I did do the Russell Square - Goodge St run (in 7mins including a 1min wait to cross Tottenham Ct Rd) . However, as its my more medial Quadriceps that are hurting, I think that it was running up escalators that caused the aching.

How many other people did the Russell Square - Goodge St run, or any other relatively long runs?
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

The only runs Adham and I did were the Aldgate/East run and the Paddington change. Running doesn't pay (as Hakan and Patrick have shown!!)
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

CrunchySaviour wrote:The only runs Adham and I did were the Aldgate/East run and the Paddington change. Running doesn't pay (as Hakan and Patrick have shown!!)
I'd be interested to know what time the Swedes would have finished in if they had run (I think they had 4 short "runs"). I beat them to Aldgate E by well over a minute, but they still caught the same train. So in that instance running didn't get me anywhere!
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

didnt/dont hurt at all actually! was very surprised! especially seeing as i had to run my youth club for 35 kids (11-14 year olds), running around like a maniac for 2 more hours!
Adham
Zone 4

Post by Adham »

I was hurting last year, but this year I was fine. Perhaps I'm getting used to it.