Zone 1 Challenge 2007 - RESULTS

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Steeevooo wrote:
Going Underground wrote:Well a busy weekend for me, have just caught up on all the posts after getting back from the Conference play off final at the new Wembley and returning "The Hat" to Mr Tubeguru :wink:
I didn't realise you were going to the Conference play-off final GU!
Which end were you in? I was there in the Morecambe end, whilst Sam was in the Exeter end. Personally, I am so glad that Morecambe have joined us mighty Daggers in the Football League, if I had known that you were going, we could have arranged something.
Hope you enjoyed the day though!
Hey Steve...

We were cheering the West Country boys on with Sam :P (Not that we saw her).. We have had many holidays in the Devon / Cornwall area and would have been nice to see "The Grecians" back where they belong...

Still it was a very exiting game a better advert for football than that drab affair on Saturday :x

Many congrats to Dag & Redbridge and best of luck to Yeovil in their play off final, I guess you and Sam are back at Wembley this weekend :D

Oh and hope you are cheering for the same team as Sam this time :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I told you wearing that Brentford shirt was a bad idea.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Congratulation stations! What a master blaster of a time!

Wish I were there.

Next time.
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Are you dead?

Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

TheFatBuoy wrote:Just a quick hello to everyone, and that one of my team-mates last year has just made me (almost literally) piss myself laughing with his team name (Team Jon Justice).
Yes, he goes for the direct approach, if not the winning one ... :)
TheFatBuoy wrote:Hope everyone's well and all that. I urge you all to get on facebook if you're not already.
The who?
TheFatBuoy wrote:And Neil - why didn't you bother with it this year?
Can't be arsed.
TheFatBuoy wrote:And (I guess to Neil again) - how long has the Z1 Challenge been a' happenin' for now? Are we far off the 10th anniversary yet? If so, I think all the original participants should make a special effort for that one.
This is only the fourth one so we're some way off an anniversary run yet. 2013 will be the 10th running. Will we really all be doing it then?

Member of sweet FA
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Soup Dragon: How do teams get a little quote by their name & time on your website?
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Root wrote:Soup Dragon: How do teams get a little quote by their name & time on your website?
Ollie text me a quote I will pass it on to Soupie for you.... :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Root wrote:Soup Dragon: How do teams get a little quote by their name & time on your website?
Hi Ollie, you can either PM me or send me an e-mail and I will add the quotes.
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

petermiller36 wrote:hello all, well done all who competed! was good to some new faces and old friends too. good seeing some of u again. esp ollie and kevin. hope u all had a good evening in the pub playing games too. must say tho that the day didnt seem complete with the absence of Anthony! come back next year fella!
Cheers Pete, good to see the famous blue 'n' white striped shirt dashing around the network again :D
Talking of which there is a good video featuring a few of us doing the last change of the day at Victoria on our piczo site.. :)
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

Glad you all had a good time. Shame I couldn't take part, as I'm now living in Australia.

Just one question, what happened to David and Ric, you usually do the Zone 1 much faster?
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Ric decided to run from Aldgate to Paddington, or something similar.

Member of sweet FA
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Temple to Covent Garden, wasn't it? It was funny seeing peoples' reactions when they heard a team finished at Mansion House.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
tpfkar
Zone 4

Post by tpfkar »

G Force wrote:Glad you all had a good time. Shame I couldn't take part, as I'm now living in Australia.

Just one question, what happened to David and Ric, you usually do the Zone 1 much faster?
Well if you've got to have a bad run, far better to have it as the organiser. It wouldn't have looked good in the pub to take the trophy out of my rucksack only to wave it around a bit and put it back for next year..

As scrxisi says, we were on a District Line train which was just sitting in Mansion House, with announcements that we weren't going anywhere. I spent 20s wondering if something could be done from Covent Garden. So we did the run and kept going. We covered 4 stations in our first 25 mins, and were now committed to a Blackfriars finish. We did OK in the middle actually, but a couple of ungenius bits of the route, such as a detour to cover Regents Park knocked us well outside the time we were hoping for. Shame to take a couple of new participants down with our uselessness, but it's not like the third winner from last year stole the show either...
kodabar
Zone 1

Post by kodabar »

Thank you for the kind words.

Whilst I may not have had the fastest time, I did finish at Bond Street - the station nearest the pub. And I feel that deserves extra points or something.

Good to see you Pete!

Kindest regards,

Jon. Justice

It's not a team if there's just one of you.