The Zone One Tube Challenge -- Help??

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

Nutteronabus wrote:What, on the district line?

You should be so lucky..
i second that. Dustmask, if you can stop me from hating the district line on friday, i will personally make a wild attempt to get your CD published :P
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

I'll do the video!

[shameless self plugging]

http://www.chrispresswell.net

[/shameless self plugging]
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

It's fighting talk, gents! How about a bit of "Hah! You don't stand a chance! You'll be tripping over your lab coat as my train pulls out of the station" or something?

Hmm, a publishing deal. OK, I'll try and stop the District line from being so rubbish on Friday. I can't promise anything though...
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Er.. if you read my site or the rest of the tubechallenge site you will find everything you need to know!

Admittedly, there is no mention of train numbers, but that's because we're not expecting anyone to bother to write them down - or indeed record times in a log book.

Think about it people .. this is not an official record. This is just a bit of fun and we trust you to be honest. When people do the whole thing (all 275), THEN you write down all the times and trains numbers so that if you put in a claim to Guinness this can be verified. I am not going to be sitting in the pub afterwards saying "ooh.. but you haven't got the victoria line train number for when you went down to vauxhall and back", or anything. in otherwords - don't bother getting train numbers unless you're doing it for your own satisfaction.

All you need to do here is make a note of your start time, finish time and overall time, and it's just based on trust.

On a personal note - Neil and I are using our digital cameras to take at least one photo at each station with the timestamp on, which is good enough proof. I suggest that everyone else who has digital cameras does the same.

Jack (Welsby) will also be adjuicating the official start times ... oh, and i'll get everyone to synchronise their watches at the start so that we're all using the same clock. That way, all you really have to do is make a note of your finish time - and make sure you do all the stations!

I'm also going to buy a pre-pay SIM card tomorrow for a one-off number. If anyone thinks that they're going to be late/cutting it fine, then send me an email (geoff@geofftech.co.uk), i'll tell you the number and you can then call it on Friday if you're running late. Ok?