The Zone One Tube Challenge -- Help??

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
planetshaun
Zone 1

The Zone One Tube Challenge -- Help??

Post by planetshaun »

Hey all, I've only just registered here so...

Me and my friends hope to be coming on the zone one tube challenge on Friday and just could someone clarify a few things for me?

- What time is everyone meeting and what time is everyone starting from the start position at Oxford Circus?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm 16 and I have a GSCE exam that day (at 9:00 for an hour and a half), so I'm having to come in from Reading and it'll take about an hour to get to Waterloo from Wokingham, so I'm estimating I'll be at Oxford Circuis at 12:10 - 12:15. So will everyone still be there when I turn up!?

- Also who else is attending the challenge? (A rough number of people?)

- And the last but pretty important one... what is the train number? That has to be recorded and Where do I find this and so on?

Many thanks, hope to be able to make it,
--Shaun
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

I would advise getting the 1055 from Reading that gets into Paddington at 1127 and gives you plenty of time to get you to Oxford Circus. Don't get the 1102 for any reason the 1103 a minute late will get you in at 1130 compared to 1154 for the 1102. (That is if you are coming by train)
planetshaun
Zone 1

Post by planetshaun »

Heh wish it was quite that simple but I don't travel from Reading, I live in a crappy little village called Crowthorne, which is one stop down the guildford line from Wokingham. And the trains some every 42 minutes past so I can change at Wokingham and get the 10:56 into London Waterloo. The problem is my exam technically should end at 10:30 giving me just 13 minutes to get from school to the station, unless I can get a lift from my mates or get a lift to bracknell station for 11:00. Or bus it into Bracknell... all a bit risky

I hate my local station so much and first great western link services, they're so useless. With any luck something will come up and I'll be able to make it in. =/
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
planetshaun
Zone 1

Post by planetshaun »

Dosen't state what the train number is though?
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

The train number can be seen on the front of the train. It usually has 3 digits (for example, train number 036) and is often displayed in yellow or orange on a small black dot matrix display.

It can also be seen on the back of the rear carriage of the train, but to see it there you'd have to wait for the train to leave.

Don't worry if you miss some train numbers. It's doing the stations that's important!
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

I would advise that you go via Reading even if you live in Crowthorne as it is much quicker.

The 1043 from Crowthorne connects into the 1056 from Wokingham but this doesn't reach Waterloo until 1204 so you wouldn't get to Oxford Circus until about 1215.

However if you stay on the 1043 until Reading you can get the 1103 to Paddington arriving at 1131.
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

If you give someone on here your mobile number if your late you can ring them and maybe find where the starting station is and meet people there.
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

Unless I'm mistaken, the train number is no longer required.. am I right?

An official update on the tubechallenge site would be good..

Oh, I'm Chris, by the way. I'll be the one kicking your arse on Friday afternoon.. :D
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

And he'll also be the one choking on my dust, so to speak, as I tear off into the distance!
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

What, on the district line?

You should be so lucky..
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

You know nothing, Nutteronabus. I'm the man, King Challenge, the Zone 1 Master, the Blaster, the Master Masker! Compared to me, there's nobody faster!
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

You may be the Zone 1 master, but what about Zones 2-D?
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

CrunchySaviour wrote:You know nothing, Nutteronabus. I'm the man, King Challenge, the Zone 1 Master, the Blaster, the Master Masker! Compared to me, there's nobody faster!
Er, lets wait until Friday! :wink:
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

CrunchySaviour wrote:You know nothing, Nutteronabus. I'm the man, King Challenge, the Zone 1 Master, the Blaster, the Master Masker! Compared to me, there's nobody faster!

Hmm.. Can't argue with that.

**goes outside to put some boots on**

**begins trembling in them**