My Zone 1 Route

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Well, well, well, 110 views and 14 replies later, my route has caused all the proverbial controversy.

This is allowing everyone to work it out for themselves, indeed, which is bad.

It was unwise to publish it. I have been saying some very unwise things lately, as I always have.

In fact, I should have just kept it secret, as I doubt that, if Regents Park is indeed the starting station, the routes will get any better than that! We will have a very uninteresting day ahead of us if it is.

The Russoodgell Street Square run does sort out the men from the boys, but there may be some very stupid boys present on the day. Hell, it'll be the day after my Electromagnetism exam, I'll be feeling suicidal as well. It's a run that I certainly cannot sprint (it's about 4 times longer than sprinting would realistically allow) and one that I have had enough of. Coupled with lifts at either end of the run, it's not sensible. Not only that, but you HAVE to use the lifts to get out onto the surface, because if you don't, you will be walking between the stations VERY SLOWLY.

I was quite aware that this was either very similar to, or identical to, the route used by Steve Paull when winning last year's run.

If the perfectly rational throught of Regents Park had even entered my mind, I would not have bothered posting this route in the first place. Now I have, and half the challengers know about it, and it's spoiled all the fun for everyone.
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

CrunchySaviour wrote:
The Russoodgell Street Square run does sort out the men from the boys, but there may be some very stupid boys present on the day. Hell, it'll be the day after my Electromagnetism exam, I'll be feeling suicidal as well. It's a run that I certainly cannot sprint (it's about 4 times longer than sprinting would realistically allow) and one that I have had enough of. Coupled with lifts at either end of the run, it's not sensible. Not only that, but you HAVE to use the lifts to get out onto the surface, because if you don't, you will be walking between the stations VERY SLOWLY.
I've been in fitness training running up and down spiral staircases in preparation for the Zone 1 challenge. Hampstead's is great! :wink:

Don't forget you can modify your post Mr Crunchy Saviour so as to delete a certain route map!
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Oh, I think you might find Regents Park might be missing from 'the hat' as well now .. !
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

G Force wrote: Don't forget you can modify your post Mr Crunchy Saviour so as to delete a certain route map!
Done before you thought of it, sir! Notice that the route has become somewhat "implausible".

I apologise for this, the Great Regent's Park Farce. This is what you get for electing me back into government, though.
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

WHAT? Excluding Regent's Park from the Hat? NO WAY! So if I have a hate object among starting stations, all I have to do is publish a plausible route, and it'll be cancelled?

By the way, I'm personally convinced that we have not seen the optimum route from Regent's Park anyway...

Rules are rules! Let's just hope this publication was the one off! I also get the feeling that there was sincere regrets coming from the publisher...

Regards,
HÃ¥kan
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Yes, I think Regent's Park should stay in too.

We'll just castrate Anthony on his arrival at OXford Circus ...
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I do NOT hate Regent's Park as a starting station! As we have seen, I have a route for Regent's Park and am not afraid to use it! Believe me, I'm having a much harder time thinking up routes for other regions of the map.

I think that at least one person will "draw heavy inspiration" from this route if Regents Park is chosen, and the fun will suffer.