Cross Section Diagrams of Tube Stations

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Yorkie
Zone 3

Cross Section Diagrams of Tube Stations

Post by Yorkie »

A while back (a year maybe) i seem to remember copying from somewhere on the internet a dozen or so GIF diagrams of cross sections of some tube stations. I no longer have them on my computer (think I deleted them) and was wondering if anyone else knew where they were, or indeed had copies.

tia
Yorkie

btw, don't know if this is in the right forum, we don't have one for tube but non- tube challenge.
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Here's the site, I think... it's currently exceeded its allocated data transfer, you should be able to view it tomorrow.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropol ... tions.html
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Green Park is pre-Jubilee. But I've got one that's more up-to-date... but it also gives all the carriage/door positions away, so unless i re-edit them all out again i don't want you to have it !! :-)
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

Did you make it or buy it?
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Hmm, I could do with a diagram for Baker Street.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

I made it!

I've been going round all the stations comprehensivley mapping them out .. all the exits / entrances / staircases / passages, etc.. and yes, Baker Street has to be one of the most confusing stations that there is! (Worse than Bond Street, Kings Cross and Green Park!)
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Would you give me the Baker Street one in exchange for knowledge of my Zone 1 route?

Edit: or will you sell the compiled book of diagrams to Tube Challengers? You could write the Tube Challenge Companion!
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

I note that Geoff blogged on Annie Mole's blog about mapping out Theydon Bois station - I can't help thinking that this is the sort of station where it's least likely to know door positions. Maybe knowing the platform would be good, but you can get this info from CULG.
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I wouldn't be surprised if Geoff compiles all this and releases it as a book/map thing, like the Way Out Tube Map. Knowing such info is otherwise utterly pointless!

edit: Well, actually, the only reason I can think of, other than obsessive completism, is if you wanted someone who lived at a particular station to meet you on a Tube Challenge and bring supplies. Then you'd be able to meet on the train right opposite the exit and it would be easy for the person to know where to go to meet you on the challenge.
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

Ahhh, that must be it. I say use teamwork then - everyone you know should tell you what door is nearest the platform exit, and then they can deliver supplies to the correct place.

On the other hand, surely its better to work out your carriage/door positions with regard to line interchanges, and then get people to meet you by the appropriate carriage with regard to that.

I have more questions:
1) What information cannot be extracted from The Way Out Tube Map ? (it is only £2 after all)
2) Is this where being 200 miles from London gives me a significant disadvantage?
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

The Way Out Tube Map iirc doesn't have the Jubilee line extension also quite a few stations have inaccurate information. I usually use the Clever Tube Hopper which is alot better.
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

The Way Out map:

-is incorrect in some places,
-omits Mornington Crescent, and
-does not include exact door positions.

Furthermore, when two possible positions allow the same exit/interchange route (for example, when leaving the Jubilee line at London Bridge to transfer to the Northern line), the Way Out map doesn't explain it.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

trains
Last edited by geofftech on 23 Jan 2014, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

Did you count the stairs or get them from the LU Access document?