Cross Section Diagrams of Tube Stations

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
tpfkar
Zone 4

Post by tpfkar »

I realise more and more how seriously people can take this-mapping out every interchange? Impressive!

I'd be interested to see a couple of examples of geoff's maps-could you show us a couple that won't give much away? (or even better ones that do?)

Ric
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

Assuming they are digitised affairs, or are they all handrawn?
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

At all the stations that have emergency staircases, they all have signs that say 'X steps'. I've made a note of that 'X' value.

Ok... i could put up King's Cross or something good. Something like Theydon Bois obviously isn't that interesting ... one moment please whilst I go and upload to a suitable URL!
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Ok, go and have a butchers at:

http://www.geofftech.co.uk/kingscross.gif

Which nicely gives away the whole station and carriage positions for you! This is not a 'polished' complete version, btw - but it's enough to give you the idea.

Where it's in Orange at the bottom - that show the C stock as apposed to the regular blue colour, whcih for that line represents the A stock.

Oh yes.. getting carriage/door positions involves getting BOTH of them for lines where two types of stock are used! Something else the Way Out map completely fails to do, and therefore can be completely wrong.

Be aware that your internet browser might 'shrink' the image, and you'll need to do whatever you need to due to expand it to its full size.
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

Thats very impressive, a book with that sort of information would be invaluable to tube challengers.